Aug 31, 2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
I figured that when you posted update version 2.05 (DX8).

The DX18 is at 1.02
I was getting a little confused there myself. Btw freechip, my binding issue with the DX18 doesn't seem to affect my range in flying. I did eight flights this morning with my 130X and it went like a dream.

Btw Andy, do you have any idea when this upgrade will be coming out to take care of this binding issue I am having with my DX18?

Bob
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2012, 01:32 PM
No idea, but I know they are testing it.

Andy
Aug 31, 2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
No idea, but I know they are testing it.

Andy
Okay, thanks. At least I am using my transmitter and flying my heli and having loads of fun and binding is not really that big of an issue as long as I touch the receiver.

Bob
Sep 01, 2012, 07:41 AM
Well since I've got one of these radios coming which I'll use initially as a backup to my 12X, I'm now going to spend more time on this thread and my "Ignore" list has grown again....
Sep 01, 2012, 04:18 PM
Who is already with dx18, really worth the value of almost 2 DX8? I have a dx7s, worth the upgrade? This radio is fasther then mine?
Sep 01, 2012, 04:31 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerio
....I have a dx7s, worth the upgrade?....
In word, YES!
Sep 01, 2012, 04:33 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
What did you have before the DX7s?
Having own a DX6i then DX8 and now DX18 IMO the DX18 is to the DX8 like the DX8 is to the DX6i and worth every penny.

For the price it's a great full featured radio.
Sep 01, 2012, 06:38 PM
I flew my new DX18 for the first time today with my new Xplorer F3J glider.
I have flown Hitec, JR, Multiplex Royal EVO and DX8. The DX18 blows them all away.
I raly liked the flexibility of the EVO but it was a little difficult to get it to do all I wanted.
I was afraid that the DX18 would be difficult to get it to do what I wanted but with the great glider download I was able to get flying with only a couple hours of customizing the setup to my requirements. I was able to add a 6th flight mode for improved zoom and i will be adding a KAPOW switch for spot-dork landings.
I have never had a TX that was so easy to understand and program. Each flight mode can have its own flap/aileron/elevator offset and rate. I am really impressed.
I have not had my hands on the really expensive TXs that I have read about and they may be more powerful. but I doubt the cost performance ratio is as good.

Yes I think it is worth the price.
If Spektrum would only include RX voltage and fade/hold telemetry built in to its receivers as Hitec has there would be no contest.
Sep 02, 2012, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ib Jensen
If Spektrum would only include RX voltage and fade/hold telemetry built in to its receivers as Hitec has there would be no contest.
this is the only big lack of this system
Sep 02, 2012, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howcar
It was good to see the responses to my post, by Snowflake6515 and CurtissP40, both not fanboys just hitting back, but giving good factual reports on their experiences.

I've been following these DX threads for a long time, and I can tell you there are no fanboys posting in them.

There has been a lot of anti-HH trolling, however, and it's good to see that the trolls have now been removed from RCG.

It seems to me that these allegations of fanboyism always seem to be levelled at people who remain positive in the face of the really quite minor issues what have come up with some of the firmware updates.

Bottom line: no issues have come up that have stopped me from using my spektrum radio, and for that I'm grateful.

Being grateful and not makes a big fuss does not make me a fanboy. Calling any individual or labelling any group fanboys is actually against RCG rules.

Keep it friendly.
Last edited by Gerry__; Sep 05, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
Sep 02, 2012, 11:05 AM
You will never get 100% agreement on "which is best"
But if you look at which continues to outsell the rest - - you can start to see which features appeal to largest group of buyers -
Locally we have an on line free car sales listing -
you can sort cars by make /year/ price/ color/ type etc..
If you look at raw numbers - there are a few brands which dominate -
switch to type of vehicle - the mix changes - and so forth.
One profile which is very informative, is to add , price plus year model- to look at residual value.
This really sorts the wheat from the chaf . It shows what the market popularity really is..
I really like my DX18- it's simply , easy to use and does anything I want it to do.
It's like my Honda minivan-- nothing flashy but good for a multitude of uses - reflected by excellent resale value.
If I wanted screamin power in a pocket sized car - I would opt for the Subaru
or max load carrying plus towing - a Chev van
Some buyers want a Vega or an Edsel - but then--
I actually use my DX8 for smaller simple models -as it is faster for me to shuffle thru models selections and needed setups .
The DX18- just does more stuff and programming is a continuation of the DX8- so no need to rethink setups .
best yet - either does the basics, which attracted me to the Spektrum-
, Model match, Bind n Fly and continued rx compatibility. no small deal.
I also have other radios - which work very well - but they are are not interchangable in rx types so they sit on the shelf for the most part .
Fanboy?
no- just a fan of what works well for me.
Last edited by richard hanson; Sep 02, 2012 at 11:12 AM.
Sep 02, 2012, 11:40 AM
Mini Obsessed
Agree Richard.
I love my DX18.
I have had the guys making the UHF product tell me to go Futaba because of how well the signal out the back works, and I stuck by my guns. I did buy a Futaba 7C, and though I didn't hate it, I didn't love it either. I just used it because I had 1500 dollars worth of equipment on my fpv plane and didn't want to take chances.
I am using the DX18 now, love the feel, and am forcing the uhf guys to take into account that Spektrum is one of the top, if not the top, radios in the world when it comes to sales.
I like the feel of it better than any other radio.
Though....if the money wasn't an issue....I can tell you I would own the top of the line Futaba if I could afford it. Love the touch screen and the programming.
Sep 02, 2012, 10:52 PM
Sherman Knight

Version 3.0 of the 6 servo sailplane guide and template

Sport fans;

I have just finished Version 3.0 of the DX18 Guide and Template for setting up a 6 servo sailplane. I doubt that there will be any significant additional changes in the next year or so.

Please provide feedback. I tried something really different this time with the template and format of the guide and feedback would be appreciated so I can decide which format to use if I do this again in the future.

Thanks Again

Sherman Knight

Release Notes:

Version 3.0 fixes an incorrect value in the SPM template. Camber preset in Thermal Mode for Right Flap was changed from 7.0 to -7.0.

New addendum have been added for reversing the flap stick, using the monitor screen for trouble shooting and using a motor.

The V-tail addendum has been completely rewritten to eliminate my misunderstanding of the V-Tail feature.

Grammar corrections and changes to the text (but not content) throughout the guide to increase readability.
Last edited by duworm; Jul 10, 2015 at 06:42 PM.
Sep 03, 2012, 03:54 PM
Pat M

Dx 18 Jr 1222 RX

How is it possible o run all 12 ch on the JR 12222 RX I can only get 10 to work on the DX 18 ??????????
Sep 03, 2012, 04:08 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Turn on XPlus. Do your setup and then you can turn it off and they should still work. All 10+2

Quick Reply