Remove the bind plug.

Using telemetry with older receiver?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2012, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
Remove the bind plug.

Using telemetry with older receiver?
Did that, and it's the same with stock receiver.
Aug 15, 2012, 10:14 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Can you try another receiver?

Are you using telemetry, there were some reports of the telemetry units having the push button on the side stuck in BIND mode.

If you are using telemetry, remove it..
Aug 16, 2012, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanaero
Everytime i power off the tx, i have to rebind to the receiver again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanaero
Did that, and it's the same with stock receiver.
What exactly are you meaning? Everytime you power up the Rx it starts fastblink? The Rx is going into bindmode without the plug installed?

Or when you power the Tx and Rx it refuses to connect?
Aug 16, 2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
You shouldn't be sorry to ask a question, we're here to help one another.

How are they getting jitter? Are they trying to convert it to PWM and then back to binary?

It sounds like they should modify the flight controller to accept input from multiple sources and forward any one of them out another port. The digital data received on each remote will be identical, so it doesn't matter which one they forward. That will give the raw digital data on a single pin as you desire.

There is source code on the web which decodes the original data. You should be able to google for it pretty easily; I'll bet somebody like MicroKopter already has it mostly figured out by now if not completely.

Andy
Hi Andy,

You misunderstood, the reason I said I was sorry was the defensive replies to a simple problem, I was hoping for a "yes we are working on this", sadly not the case.

"Microkopter already has it mostly figured out" well that is not inspiring, is it.

I was hoping for an official Spektrum product that addresses this need, based on your reply that is not going to happen. I am willing to wager that sooner rather than later it will need to happen.

I am surprised Spektrum seem quite relaxed about others coming up with reverse engineered solutions which may fail down the track when Spektrum changes anything rather than Spektrum itself providing a product that deals with this situation.

One possible solution which does have issues subject of much discussion is DIY Drones 8 Channel PPM Encoder Version 2. Apart from the jitter issues, that crude solution involves lots of cables and is only 8 channels.

Meanwhile Spektrum receivers have a Data Port that is dedicated to only monitor reception quality, I can see Spektrum would have issues supporting S.Bus however S.Bus is NOT required, all that is required is for the Data Port to output the RAW DATA from the best satellite or main receiver just like the Microkopter Diversity board does..

EDIT: Further testing revealed that although this idea should work, the OrangeRx 9ch is simply not reliable.

OrangeRX R910 solves this rather nicely, very tidy and works well.

HobbyKing Orange Rx R910, the first DSM2 compatible receiver to support S.Bus technology with support for up to 14 channels and 2 satellite receivers.
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...inPort_Rx.html

Binds DSM2 with the 2 Spektrum 9645 satellite X receivers supplied with my new DX18 and all I needed extra was an S.Bus inverter, 1 transistor and 2 resistors or buy a ready made S.Bus inverter cable for about $10

Result is a DSM2 14 channel Rx with 2 Spektrum satellites and with only 1 data cable [without crude archaic issues] to the FC

By the way the antenna on the Orange R910 has a nice long coax so it can be mounted easily unlike the short antenna right out of the case on the AR9020

I would have been happier using a Spektrum main receiver with the choice of DSM2 and DSMX but hey I can live with it.

One last question, have Spektrum solved or when will they solve the "Fatal Flaw" with DSM2 which sometimes chooses two overlapping adjacent channels, I thought this would be an easy firmware fix.

Joe
Last edited by jabram; Aug 17, 2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Further testing revealed this soulution is NOT reliable
Aug 16, 2012, 10:10 AM
Joe,

The video showing a "fatal flaw" was made using equipment which didn't show the actual frequencies in use very well. Others with better equipment have since provided videos which refute those claims. To put it simply, it's not an issue. Since DSMX has been released, it's even less of an issue. Does your preferred flight control vendor not support DSMX remotes?

Since all remotes that receive a signal will provide the same data, there's no need for the base to select the "best" data - they're all good. The base can simply use the one that first arrives.

This is an ideal product for a small niche company to make. It's exactly the kind of product I used to make before I came here. Several companies have licensed interfaces to our technology and work with us (PowerBox, BeastX, etc.) - you can get the best of both worlds if you can find a company willing to fill the niche: Small-company agility used licensed big-company technology.

Edit: Just thinking, you might find other interested parties over in DIY Electronics. https://www.rcgroups.com/diy-electronics-199/

Andy
Last edited by AndyKunz; Aug 16, 2012 at 10:35 AM.
Aug 16, 2012, 12:13 PM
i have a DX7 at the moment, if i buy a DX18 and bind it to all my existing models with spectrum receivers will the servos centralise to the same position as before and not end up with different control movement,
Aug 16, 2012, 12:33 PM
There could be minimal differences, this is normal between radio models and or brands.

This differences is visible when you buddy box also. There were differences from my DX6i to DX8, and my DX8 to my DX18.
Aug 16, 2012, 12:45 PM
When you say minimal difference can this be sorted with the sub trim.
Aug 16, 2012, 12:59 PM
Yes of course, this is how I sorted the difference for my buddy box system.
Aug 16, 2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbees
When you say minimal difference can this be sorted with the sub trim.
When you switch to a new radio, it is best to Pick a Model Memory, Reset to Factory Defaults, Check to see where the Servo Arms are, at Neutral, and thwn decide if you need to Move the Servo Arms.

I never use more than 20% Subtrim, if possible, as it subtracts from your Total Travel.
Aug 16, 2012, 01:49 PM
Only if your total travel would go beyond +/-150%.

Andy
Aug 16, 2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Only if your total travel would go beyond +/-150%.

Andy
Why would you want to use more than 20%-30% Subtrim when you know you can reinstall the Servo Arm closer to Neutral and use less Subtrim?
Aug 16, 2012, 02:16 PM
Glider guys do it all the time. They wanted 100% sub trim available (until we showed them how to do it the right way on the DX18).

Andy
Aug 16, 2012, 03:46 PM
Trouble is and hate to admit but some servos are epoxied in and would be difficult to remove to alter the servo arm.

Quick Reply