Parkzone UM Spitfire with AS3X - Page 18 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Feb 17, 2012, 09:42 PM
I'd rather be flying!
turboparker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfimp
How fast do you really want a 16" parkflyer to go? I have 20/20 vision (after contacts anyways) and am a pretty decent pilot, but these things are tiny. If the as-delivered plane performs like the one in the demo video HH released and in the video posted previously, how is that not pretty close to "good enough," quibbles about brushed 1s vs brushless 2s aside?

I'm not trying to be combative or call you out, just offer what I think is a reasonable rejoinder.

Steve

P.S. - Given the inverted performance, I'd be pretty surprised if it was an undercambered wing. I'm guessing it's probably semisymmetrical.
Steve,

I'll put it this way. The Sukhoi XP tops out at about 25-30 MPH with the right prop & battery, as does the Pole Cat. The UMX Sbach can hit closer to 40 MPH with the right prop & pack. With the right prop & pack, the UMX Stryker 180 can hit nearly 60. I have no trouble flying the Sukhoi, Pole Cat, or Sbach in an indoor soccer court. So, I'd say anywhere between 30-40 MPH would be just perfect.

The wing is undercambered, just like the other warbirds & the UMX Gee Bee.

Joel
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2012, 07:30 AM
I'm BIG on micros
JSS4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwolters
Sure, as long as the receiver has a brushless mode so you can feed the signal into the external ESC; we are expecting this receiver to have this mode like the AR6400 does. My recipe would be AP05 + 6A ESC + diode + 2S 180 battery + 4530 prop. A 1S conversion isn't really worth the trouble because you won't get more power - you will get less. 2S will knock your socks off!
Well, the AR64oo I got for one of my builds had a brushless mode. That might work.
Feb 19, 2012, 12:59 AM
Fly, be free! (splat)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSS4
Well, the AR64oo I got for one of my builds had a brushless mode. That might work.
Yeah, that will work but the new Rx has AS3X! (want to try that)
Feb 19, 2012, 09:41 AM
Back in the game.
Yellow Baron's Avatar
The pictures of the ASK-21's receiver board show a 3 pin connector for the motor, and in the AS3X FAQ thread it was confirmed that the Spitfire and ASK-21 have the same RX. I would be VERY surprised if they did NOT have a brushless mode, especially since it is the replacement for the AR6400 which has a brushless mode.
Feb 19, 2012, 10:30 AM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Baron
The pictures of the ASK-21's receiver board show a 3 pin connector for the motor, and in the AS3X FAQ thread it was confirmed that the Spitfire and ASK-21 have the same RX. I would be VERY surprised if they did NOT have a brushless mode, especially since it is the replacement for the AR6400 which has a brushless mode.
right, it might not have a brushless ESC built in but once you get the signals off you are good.
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
Feb 19, 2012, 02:05 PM
Back in the game.
Yellow Baron's Avatar
Exactly. In theory you could also drive another servo off of it, bet someone will do that for speed brakes on the ASK-21.
Feb 19, 2012, 05:39 PM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Baron
Exactly. In theory you could also drive another servo off of it, bet someone will do that for speed brakes on the ASK-21.
I haven't seen the picture of it but i will bet it has the 4 pin X port or whatever they call it that has channel 5 & 6 pinouts, power, ground, 2 signals just like the 4-Site brick does I've seen people run an external ESC off those when the stock ESC got toasted on the old bricks
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
Feb 19, 2012, 07:09 PM
Fly, be free! (splat)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Baron
The pictures of the ASK-21's receiver board show a 3 pin connector for the motor, and in the AS3X FAQ thread it was confirmed that the Spitfire and ASK-21 have the same RX. I would be VERY surprised if they did NOT have a brushless mode, especially since it is the replacement for the AR6400 which has a brushless mode.
Excellent! My AP05 is standing by. Gonna have to loose the new 4-blade prop to get high performance though; that's the only drawback I can think of.
Feb 19, 2012, 07:12 PM
Have fun
airpower's Avatar
The xport on the ask is used by the tow line release servo. Ive been thinking of removing it as i will probably never use the towing feature.
Feb 19, 2012, 08:22 PM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower
The xport on the ask is used by the tow line release servo. Ive been thinking of removing it as i will probably never use the towing feature.
it should be a 2 channel (4 wire) port so you can probably just piggyback the second servo there
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
Feb 20, 2012, 02:03 AM
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman
I haven't seen the picture of it but i will bet it has the 4 pin X port or whatever they call it that has channel 5 & 6 pinouts, power, ground, 2 signals just like the 4-Site brick does I've seen people run an external ESC off those when the stock ESC got toasted on the old bricks
The X-port just has Channel 5 (gear) on an AR6400. I haven't seen anyone who has found channel 6 in there.

Channel 6 is next to the Channel 2 plug.
Feb 20, 2012, 06:47 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Correct....

The AR6400 is a 6 channel receiver. There's four plugs for the servos, one for the motor and one for the Xport for a total of 6 ports.

No matter what, if someone really want to use the tow hook AND the airbrake, they could make a Y cable. When you hit the release button, you activate the airbrake. With good communication between the pilot of the CC and the ASK, it should be possible to release, even if you hit the airbrake at the same time for a split second.

If not, the output of the motor is the one you want to use since there's no motor anyway. It should be like any typical AR6400 so a servo could be plugged into it. Hit the throttle, you have airbrakes... Or simply mix throttle to the flap switch.
Feb 23, 2012, 05:17 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
perschek's Avatar
Siiiiiiiiiggghh................. Subscribed................... Yet another....
Feb 25, 2012, 06:26 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
I'll put it this way. The Sukhoi XP tops out at about 25-30 MPH with the right prop & battery, as does the Pole Cat. The UMX Sbach can hit closer to 40 MPH with the right prop & pack. With the right prop & pack, the UMX Stryker 180 can hit nearly 60. I have no trouble flying the Sukhoi, Pole Cat, or Sbach in an indoor soccer court.
Are you saying that you have no trouble flying them WOT in an indoor soccer court, or that you fly them there with a lower throttle setting?
Feb 25, 2012, 09:06 PM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
They do exist and look great. Glad I have one reserved. The down side is they claimed early June deliveries.

Sighted at WRAM 2012
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E-flite UMX MiG 15 Ducted Fan Jet with AS3X Bowerz Micro Ready-to-Fly 189 May 19, 2017 02:13 PM
Article Horizon Hobby Blade mQX Micro Quad-Copter with AS3X RTF & BNF Review Michael Heer Multirotor Drone Talk 33 Feb 13, 2017 07:26 PM
New Product E-Flite UMX Mig 15 with AS3X! Bowerz Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 4 Jan 16, 2012 08:02 PM
Discussion UMX S-Bach or Beast 3d (with AS3X)? The Spirit 3D Foamies 6 Jan 07, 2012 06:41 AM
Sold Eflite UMX Beast 3D BNF with AS3X Technology baddb1 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Dec 19, 2011 06:42 AM