Parkzone UM Spitfire with AS3X - Page 113 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Oct 05, 2012, 05:34 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
AWSOME video Blazing Star,, I especially like the close passes and the music!!
HH SHOULD be paying you a commission !!!
So what motor are we gona use to mod this spit with guys????
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 05, 2012, 05:39 PM
Registered User
I have removed right at 6 grams of weight and reduced the wind drag drastically...

Still looks like a Spit but flies like,... well like a well tuned AS3X Spitfire with a built motor in it...now we're talkin.

Too bad it can't look like it does out of the box but fly like it does with a few of the pretties removed...

Happy flying Boys
Oct 05, 2012, 05:40 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
Problem is that all of this weight is forward of the cg. Remove it and youll start having to add it back or remove something from the tail. Vertical stabilizers are over rated anyway. . .
Oct 05, 2012, 05:53 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSchug
Read up on dynamic scaling.

Pete
Don`t look on this by aerodynamic laws, I know it. Look at this for e.g. from movie maker view side. For e.g. the helium filled A310 model was so close to have a real fly feelling from its flight. This is what I meant

modell-hobby-spiel 2011 - Airbus A310 Short Flight (1 min 36 sec)
Oct 05, 2012, 05:53 PM
-=BS=-
BlazingStar's Avatar

Happy with stock


enjoy flying your lightened Spitfires
Oct 05, 2012, 06:35 PM
Registered User
PeteSchug's Avatar
Maidened my Spit today.

Was heading for my club with my MiG and a pile of new batteries and it was right outside the door!

Charged batt while flying the MiG then flew the Spit. Looked great but after the MiG felt a little slow! Funny, a friend at the field tried it and he thought it seemed fast. It's all relative, he was flying a Radian before the Spit.

Any consensus on what the best batts for this plane might be? I definitely can't get by with one batt! Away from home for another week.

Pete
Oct 05, 2012, 07:07 PM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpierDrake960
I have removed right at 6 grams of weight and reduced the wind drag drastically...

Still looks like a Spit but flies like,... well like a well tuned AS3X Spitfire with a built motor in it...now we're talkin.

Too bad it can't look like it does out of the box but fly like it does with a few of the pretties removed...

Happy flying Boys
I wondered if you were going to end up with Wonder Woman's invisible plane
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
Oct 05, 2012, 07:07 PM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixFLYER
Excellent, thanks!

I was thinking...isn't the MSRX main motor the most powerfull motor on micro helicopeters?????

If it's so we could use it to replace the original sptfire motor or not?

I have an msr x at home
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup
Different shape -longer and thinner casing and different number of teeth on the gear 8 i believe vs 9 on the stock motor.
and what about the kv of that motor
Oct 05, 2012, 07:09 PM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSchug
Maidened my Spit today.

Was heading for my club with my MiG and a pile of new batteries and it was right outside the door!

Charged batt while flying the MiG then flew the Spit. Looked great but after the MiG felt a little slow! Funny, a friend at the field tried it and he thought it seemed fast. It's all relative, he was flying a Radian before the Spit.

Any consensus on what the best batts for this plane might be? I definitely can't get by with one batt! Away from home for another week.

Pete
so far I like the stock lipo it comes with.. outruns my MA and Turnigy packs
longer flight times to
Oct 05, 2012, 07:12 PM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpierDrake960
P-51 nose cone and 2 blade prop= 2.5g

Spitfire nose cone and 4 blade prop =2.5g.

I have flow both the 2 blade = 5:12 flight time at FT. And the stock 4 blade at FT with the same battery and the 4 blade ran for 5:24.

Also the 2 blade trims out differently than the 4. Personally I much prefer the performance of the 4 blade as it had a more stable feel with the 4 blade.

With the same motor and tranny as my P-51 same weight in prop still looking for we're all the weight is.
That's the same thing I notice, my trims were different with the 2 blade?
I have no idea why in the world that is...
the 4 has more pitch and just felt more correct on the plane to me vs the 2blade

Oct 05, 2012, 07:16 PM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Who is going to lighten this pretty bird up and take off some grams
I would love to see a flight report on a lightened UM Spitfire
Oct 05, 2012, 07:33 PM
Registered User
MyPonyRocks's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
That's the same thing I notice, my trims were different with the 2 blade?
I have no idea why in the world that is...
the 4 has more pitch and just felt more correct on the plane to me vs the 2blade
Just a guess here, but rotational mass maybe? It also feels like a slightly better molded prop than the P51 blade (which I THINK is the same as the gen 1 4 site?)
Oct 05, 2012, 07:48 PM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPonyRocks
Just a guess here, but rotational mass maybe? It also feels like a slightly better molded prop than the P51 blade (which I THINK is the same as the gen 1 4 site?)
it was weird how I had to trim out a lot when I flew the 2 blade
the 4 blade is back on it..
Oct 05, 2012, 08:12 PM
Registered User
MyPonyRocks's Avatar
I've gone through 4 props on the UM P51 and they all required a bit of twisting or tape to make things right. Granted the last two weren't helped by the fact that I've nose dived sooo many times so they likely needed to compensate for the gearbox tweakage.

I've only got to taxi this thing around the kitchen (new dog is sleeping right now, but of course it's pitch black night) but the prop seems to be perfectly rotating. This thing sure feels nose heavy though. Can't wait to fly it and so more of y'alls videos.
Oct 05, 2012, 08:34 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
HuffDaddy's Avatar
yahooo! the big brown truck dropped off my b'day present today

fwiw...here's what she looks like after refueling using a 1S Hyperion 160mAh 25C/45C lipo ....its as snug asa bug ina rug



Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E-flite UMX MiG 15 Ducted Fan Jet with AS3X Bowerz Micro Ready-to-Fly 189 May 19, 2017 02:13 PM
Article Horizon Hobby Blade mQX Micro Quad-Copter with AS3X RTF & BNF Review Michael Heer Multirotor Drone Talk 33 Feb 13, 2017 07:26 PM
New Product E-Flite UMX Mig 15 with AS3X! Bowerz Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 4 Jan 16, 2012 08:02 PM
Discussion UMX S-Bach or Beast 3d (with AS3X)? The Spirit 3D Foamies 6 Jan 07, 2012 06:41 AM
Sold Eflite UMX Beast 3D BNF with AS3X Technology baddb1 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Dec 19, 2011 06:42 AM