Sep 30, 2012, 07:46 AM
BMFA 190658
I've got a Radian Pro which is a joy to fly but can be a bit demanding. I'm thinking of getting the 3ch wing and adapting it to fit for some lazy thermal flights
Latest blog entry: My Fleet
to remove ads between posts
Sep 30, 2012, 09:08 AM
Work....fly, repeat...
I got a Pro when it came out and only have a few flights on it. Like you said, too demanding. But I can spend a whole afternoon playing Radian Boomerang.
Sep 30, 2012, 09:23 AM
BMFA 190658
It's a shame that they have different wing roots...

HH have a habit of taking a good aim and shooting themselves in the foot
Sep 30, 2012, 11:07 AM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
I'm gonna pull two ASK-21's behind my 80" Hanger9 Piper Pawnee as soon as my buddys get their gliders. I will get some pics, Dave/ZEEZEE
Sep 30, 2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
I'm gonna pull two ASK-21's behind my 80" Hanger9 Piper Pawnee as soon as my buddys get their gliders. I will get some pics, Dave/ZEEZEE
Have you thought about the prop blast a larger plane emmits???...Just something to think about.......

Kevin
Sep 30, 2012, 05:51 PM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Quote:
I got a Pro when it came out and only have a few flights on it. Like you said, too demanding. But I can spend a whole afternoon playing Radian Boomerang
Seeking clarification about the Radian Pro being too demanding. What do you mean?
Oct 01, 2012, 04:26 AM
Work....fly, repeat...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazer View Post
Seeking clarification about the Radian Pro being too demanding. What do you mean?
The Radian is like sitting in a recliner. The Pro more like sitting on an exercise ball. Just was not the relaxing flying I enjoy with the original.
Probably just me. Never really got big into thermaling and maybe it was just not setup right.
Sure don't want to steer anyone away from it.
I am sure it was just me.
Oct 01, 2012, 04:50 AM
BMFA 190658
Yeah, me too!

The RP is a great plane. I probably phrased it wrong, it flies good.

I'm no newbie but sometimes I like to fly my champ instead of say an Sbach if I just want to float about...
Oct 01, 2012, 07:11 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
I get it. Just was curious about the comment.

I like both my Radian and RP, but for different flying. I prefer having ailerons and rudder however.

Will be interested if an update comes soon. Im hanging out for my Eflite Mystique 2.9m
Oct 01, 2012, 07:34 AM
Klassische Bilder
Wish HH was already shipping this sailplane, the thread would most likely stay more focused with all the glowing flying reports from the ASK-21, modifications, photos, on-board filming and all the goodies one would post in the Radian thread...
Oct 01, 2012, 07:46 AM
Radian, Polaris, Mistaken ID.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroRecon View Post
A Radian should be in everyone's hangar. Its still my fav for its durability and flexibility. And its gracefulness is a thing of beauty.
I could not have said it better! I love my radian.

you guys are talk about towing the Ask with a bigger plane, but have you thought about piggybacking up on another plane such as the radian? I already drop parachute men and free flight chuck gliders for my son and his friends. I dont see why it can not be done with the ASK-21
Last edited by Baseman; Oct 01, 2012 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Misspelling
Oct 01, 2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by studioRS View Post
Wish HH was already shipping this sailplane, the thread would most likely stay more focused with all the glowing flying reports from the ASK-21, modifications, photos, on-board filming and all the goodies one would post in the Radian thread...
Maybe a new thread will be opened when people finally receive this. Who wants to skim through 740+ posts of useless information until getting to the relevant info?
Oct 01, 2012, 09:23 AM
Klassische Bilder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
I could not have said it better! I love my radian.

you guys are talk about towing the Ask with a bigger plane, but have you thought about piggybacking up on another plane such as the radian? I already drop parachute men and free flight chuck gliders for my son and his friends. I dont see why it can not be done with the ASK-21
Ok I caved... piggybacking this on my Radian would be pretty kewl. Have to try dropping my DFS Reiher chuck sailplane from the Radian too.

@ Whiskey. Yeah, a new "Official ASK-21 UMX Owner's Thread" would def be in order
Oct 01, 2012, 04:33 PM
Do you see what I see?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazer View Post
Im hanging out for my Eflite Mystique 2.9m
Just saw the boxes at the hobby store, WHOA, what a cool looking sailplane!!!
Oct 01, 2012, 05:06 PM
Klassische Bilder
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
Just saw the boxes at the hobby store, WHOA, what a cool looking sailplane!!!
We need photos!