Oct 31, 2012, 12:29 PM
What tree??.......Doh!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
The hole in the windshield is interesting. If it fixed something, wouldn't you think HH would recommend we do this to our old ones?
The hole is great for airflow/cooling.

Realize though, this would be absolutely bad for CC in float plane mode- that is if it flips into the water. So not something they'd want to recommend (for current CC's?).

If yours will never see ROW (water) I'd be all over this mod.

Wonder if they've waterproofed the brick?
Last edited by Seahawk One; Oct 31, 2012 at 02:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2012, 02:06 PM
There are also cooling slots in the aileron servo covers.

Can't remember seeing them on photos of the Mk1, have they always been there?
Oct 31, 2012, 02:12 PM
Interesting revisions.
Oct 31, 2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Smith View Post
There are also cooling slots in the aileron servo covers.

Can't remember seeing them on photos of the Mk1, have they always been there?
NO
Tim
Oct 31, 2012, 03:18 PM
Have fun
Wow, definitely a very clear version two!
Oct 31, 2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Wow, definitely a very clear version two!
And I thought I made a joke.

Couldn't spot any more differences, but then again, I never saw a CC up close uptil today.
Oct 31, 2012, 03:52 PM
BMFA 190658
Servo covers with holes in? Might as well have removed them!!
Oct 31, 2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
The hole in the windshield is interesting. If it fixed something, wouldn't you think HH would recommend we do this to our old ones?
It'll make it easier to apply the deoxit.
Oct 31, 2012, 08:38 PM
TurboParker

Awesome videos and great Cub piloting mate
Nov 01, 2012, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Justwingit,

Thanks! The CC is a great-flying plane. It flies like a Cub should fly. In fact, it reminds me of my 1/4-scale Super Cub in many ways. I think one of the coolest things about the UMX CC is that it actually has nearly scale power. The full-scale Carbon Cub SS is a serious hotrod. Power to weight is 7.33 lb/HP. It can take off in a matter of fuselage-lengths. Sustained climb-rate @ sea-level is a jaw-dropping 2,100 ft/min! No g/a light-plane can match the extreme deck-angle of the Carbon Cub SS during a maximum-power climb. As it says on the website - "a deck angle that inspires involuntary expletives".

Given the above, the UMX CC is only slightly overpowered as compared to the full-scale!

You mentioned scale landings. I agree - they're a lot of fun with the CC. I've been known to go through a few TP 325 mAh packs just shooting touch & gos.

Joel
Haha I thought I was the only one that enjoyed shooting endless amounts of landings with this thing! It so damn fun to take it around the patch and do some soft field landings! Such great flight characteristics from such a small package!
Nov 01, 2012, 12:18 PM
hi all,
my first post in this forum

I just bought the carbon cub today. Flies fine so far, just the LED lights are not working. Am i missing a secret switch to turn them on? Or should i consider them as defect?

thanks
Nov 01, 2012, 12:19 PM
Now that the new plane supposedly has a 2500kv motor, how effective will my 5043 props be? Do they think they're doing us a favour by "upgrading" us from the 2300?

Already spent $40 to send the plane back to them in September (live in Canada), wonder if I'll have to drop another $30 to get the original motor back.

They must have looked at the plane I sent in before making their mods.. I had the exact same hole in the front window

Didn't help me much though.
Nov 01, 2012, 12:58 PM
BMFA 190658
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullpeter View Post
hi all,
my first post in this forum

I just bought the carbon cub today. Flies fine so far, just the LED lights are not working. Am i missing a secret switch to turn them on? Or should i consider them as defect?

thanks
Nope, there is no switch.
I believe they are on a Y lead with the Flaps. Might be worth opening up to check...

Tony
Nov 01, 2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
Nope, there is no switch.
I believe they are on a Y lead with the Flaps. Might be worth opening up to check...

Tony
They plug into Xport, if they are off one pin they will not work, 3 pin connector 4 pin jack so it can just be in wrong position.
Tim
Nov 01, 2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yn View Post
They plug into Xport, if they are off one pin they will not work, 3 pin connector 4 pin jack so it can just be in wrong position.
Tim
thanks for the info. tried it out but no luck ... on the other position there is no light and flaps won't work on this position.

Quick Reply