Feb 01, 2012, 09:47 PM
Closed Account
ryramZ I calculate the Alby at 1/8.57 scale and the SE5 at 1/8.59 scale

I totally like the simulated hammered engine side covers and the engine and gun detail look great !!!!!
Last edited by BrentP; Feb 01, 2012 at 09:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 01, 2012, 09:58 PM
the_PilotRyan
thanks Brent, good to know
Feb 01, 2012, 10:01 PM
Over-engineered
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentP
I totally like the simulated hammered engine side covers...
Isn't that just the grain of the EPO?
Feb 01, 2012, 10:03 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bf109G
Isn't that just the grain of the EPO?
No I don't think so I thought of that but if you look a the pics the surrounding areas and the wings look more dense and less bumpy than the hammered area......or are my eyes old?

could be the silver paint showing the foam more??? don't know
Feb 01, 2012, 11:21 PM
Closed Account
the preview vid

NEW Parkzone Albatros D.V WWI PREVIEW (2 min 48 sec)
Feb 02, 2012, 01:26 AM
Lol "an Al-bate-ross."
Feb 02, 2012, 03:46 AM
Fly, crash, glue. Repeat.
This bird is going to open up so many different possibilities for colorful paint schemes it's unreal!

Check this site out, they have lots of different very beautiful posters at reasonable prices: http://www.aviaticus.com/epages/6154...jectID=9772722

I guess this is my favorite:

Bring it on Horizon! I may have to buy at least two.
Feb 02, 2012, 03:58 AM
Fly, crash, glue. Repeat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo1948
because I was hoping for a new Focke Wulf
Really, like yet another F-W? Seems to me all the FW/BF/F4U/P47/Zero/... have been done to death.

If I could wish for another warbird it would be one that's not readily available in foam from dozens of places. Like the Fokker Eindecker, Ansaldo SVA, Pfalz D.III, Curtiss JN-4, ...

Or, if you're feeling really adventurous, a Gotha G.V?
Feb 02, 2012, 06:10 AM
I'm so excited about this plane. When I first heard about the SE5a, I kept thinking about it all the time, and was literally checking hobby stores everyday for 4 months waiting for it to arrive. I finally saw it, bought it immediately, and now, it's been one of my favorite planes. Now this is coming out too, so this routine starts over again :-). I'll most likely buy the Parkzone Albatros first, then maybe next year get the larger e-flite version.
Feb 02, 2012, 06:44 AM
I can't believe that the plane was only announced yesterday and this thread is already at three pages! Looks like a sure fire winner.

My LHS didn't even know about the announcement. After I gave him all of the details, I told him to order one for me. Can't wait for May.
Feb 02, 2012, 08:44 AM
Ya gotta land eventually...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentP
yep looked at the pics again.....getting it!! I like the scheme, I know I must be one of the few harder core WW1 guys that actually like red. Probably do foe wood paint on the fuse. The pilot does look awesome for an included figure....another thing thats come a long way.

here's a question on the scheme (about the real one as much as the model): why does the fin's iron cross appear to have red oversprayed, what is the histroy on that? I see the wing crosses are normal.

Yes, historically the Flying Circus began "white washing" or red-washing I suppose over their planes with red. The wash tinted the plane only, and the crosses were still visible.

German Ace Lt Hans Weiss (whose name means "White") was an exception as he did not white wash but more heavily painted his DR1 thickly in white, as did more of the pilots later on in the war.

David
Feb 02, 2012, 11:36 AM
I really hate PZ now....they are just making planes I can't live without...dang that thing is so nice.
Feb 02, 2012, 11:51 AM
Do we have any idea when it is going to be hitting the stores?
Feb 02, 2012, 11:58 AM
Thread OP
...a request for Matt from foamies4life...can you get us a scale "Snoopy" with flight helmet, goggles and scarf for this bird, that would be soooo cooool!!!

thanks
Uwe
Feb 02, 2012, 12:03 PM
More Planes Than Sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by anj4de
...a request for Matt from foamies4life...can you get us a scale "Snoopy" with flight helmet, goggles and scarf for this bird, that would be soooo cooool!!!

thanks
Uwe

I bought a 5 cm tall one from http://toydreamer.com.au/. Check the SE5a thread for my pictures.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1743

Quick Reply