Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 01, 2012, 10:09 AM
Closed Account
nice and nice size 42"
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 01, 2012, 12:01 PM
Foam flogger
It says that it's compatible with the sonic combat module but it's running an AR600. Anyone know how that is suppose to work?
Feb 01, 2012, 12:41 PM
Fly, crash, glue. Repeat.


When they brought out the SE5a the warbird project manager @Horizon was explicitly saying they had been thinking about the Albatros and dismissed it on the fact that a non-boxy fuse would be too hard to do. And now that. A-ma-zing!

[x] want
Feb 01, 2012, 12:47 PM
Mattfly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belem View Post
It says that it's compatible with the sonic combat module but it's running an AR600. Anyone know how that is suppose to work?
There will be a Parkzone adapter that will go inline between the sonic combat module and the AR600 receiver.

It is not up on the website yet but more information will come as the plane gets closer to release.

Hope that helps.

Matt Andren
Parkzone/Hobbyzone Product Development
Horizon Hobby
Feb 01, 2012, 12:53 PM
Jagd Flieger
Sabastian's Avatar
Hi guys

That is one great looking plane! There is quite a bit of detail on it especially on the motor, it looks very detailed.
I think this plane will be a winner!

Sabastian.
Feb 01, 2012, 01:42 PM
Foam flogger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly View Post
There will be a Parkzone adapter that will go inline between the sonic combat module and the AR600 receiver.

It is not up on the website yet but more information will come as the plane gets closer to release.

Hope that helps.

Matt Andren
Parkzone/Hobbyzone Product Development
Horizon Hobby
Excellent. Will it be similar to the ez-xport that John Cunningham makes and sells? It's a nice product. Been running my sonic combat on my T-28 for a couple years now. WWI bipe combat will be awesome.
Feb 01, 2012, 03:49 PM
Closed Account
oops found the info.....will go for the plug and play, awesome value for this size bird.........can't wait for the LHS to get em
Feb 01, 2012, 05:46 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Tommy D's Avatar
Having flown years ago WWI foamies made from the likes of Scorpio, and Kavan I'm amazed how far we have come in such a short period of time.
Feb 01, 2012, 06:35 PM
Closed Account
yep looked at the pics again.....getting it!! I like the scheme, I know I must be one of the few harder core WW1 guys that actually like red. Probably do foe wood paint on the fuse. The pilot does look awesome for an included figure....another thing thats come a long way.

here's a question on the scheme (about the real one as much as the model): why does the fin's iron cross appear to have red oversprayed, what is the histroy on that? I see the wing crosses are normal.
Feb 01, 2012, 06:57 PM
Registered User
Hmm I think this might go well with my SE5a. Or I'll just encourage a friend of mine to buy one so we can dogfight.
Feb 01, 2012, 07:01 PM
Closed Account
Nice BIG juicy pic.....droooool don't forget to zoom in
Last edited by BrentP; Feb 01, 2012 at 07:17 PM.
Feb 01, 2012, 08:07 PM
mondo1948
mondo1948's Avatar
Hi Guys,
I was like a little kid at Christmas, after reading that Horizon would be anouncing new planes today. I woke up at 3:30 this morning and just had to get on the computer to see what is being released. At first, I was a little disappointed with the Albatros, probably because I was hoping for a new Focke Wulf, ready for electric retracts. But, after doing some research on the Albatros and talking with my friend who has a huge library of airplane books and who says that the Parkzone plane is a beautiful, scale rendition of a very famous and obviously gorgeous plane, I am ready to buy this plane. I know it will have a great "presence" in the air because while it is the same wingspan as the Parkzone P-47, the 2 wings will make it look larger and of course the color scheme is very eye-catching.

I can't wait to add this plane to my Parkzone hangar, which currently includes two T-28's, the P-47, BF109, Gunfighter, Wildcat and Corsair.

Mondo
Feb 01, 2012, 08:10 PM
fvi
fvi
Registered User
fvi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentP View Post
yep looked at the pics again.....getting it!! I like the scheme, I know I must be one of the few harder core WW1 guys that actually like red. Probably do foe wood paint on the fuse. The pilot does look awesome for an included figure....another thing thats come a long way.

here's a question on the scheme (about the real one as much as the model): why does the fin's iron cross appear to have red oversprayed, what is the histroy on that? I see the wing crosses are normal.
I noticed that too. I've been trying to find some picture reference for the cross but they're never faded. Looks beautiful tough.
Feb 01, 2012, 08:37 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvi View Post
I noticed that too. I've been trying to find some picture reference for the cross but they're never faded. Looks beautiful tough.


Probably factory paintwork that was overpainted red. In the above picture von Richthofen's Albatros is the second from the bottom.



Hood
Feb 01, 2012, 08:37 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
ryramZ's Avatar
Gorgeous! I'm wondering what scale it is versus the se5 no big deal. The albatross is so streamlined it's like the spitfire of biplanes. Reminds me of a nieuport which is a sesquiplane with the smaller bottom wing. I wonder if it had to be that big to house the electronics and still have enough structural integrity. Man Dave was right my head is spinning. Good work Horizon!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Maxford albatros d.iii ep 40" arf Kevlar Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Jan 19, 2015 12:23 AM
Sold NIB Scorpio Albatros D.V Tim Wolff Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jul 27, 2011 08:04 PM
Build Log Skeleton Cartoon Albatros D.V. LRF... FINALLY FINISHED! starscream4002 Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 19 Jun 21, 2011 08:16 AM
Discussion aerodromerc albatros d.iii nytjadens Scale Kit/Scratch Built 14 Jun 05, 2011 03:22 PM
Cool Albatros D.Va (1:1 scale) BaZsiX Scale Kit/Scratch Built 8 Mar 21, 2010 04:21 PM