Feb 24, 2012, 03:31 PM
Parkstormer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Crashenburn
Subscribed.
I was looking to get the se5 but now i`ve seen this, me wants it more.
Nice colours so i won`t lose it in the air and it looks able to handle bumpy surfaces.Ideal.
Get both. I've got the SE-5a and have pre-ordered the D-Va. You won't be sorry . . .
to remove ads between posts
Feb 24, 2012, 05:16 PM
fly-crash-fix
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyLee
Get both. I've got the SE-5a and have pre-ordered the D-Va. You won't be sorry . . .
The SE-5a looks a great plane but two things are stopping me i`m afraid, lack of cash, and lack of room.
Feb 24, 2012, 06:26 PM
I am going to wait for the D.Va to hit the LHS...I like to buy from them whenever possible.

I would love the SE5 but can't decide between the PZ and the Durafly planes...both seem to get good reviews....I would just have to get a different lewis gun for the PZ plane (what where you tinking PZ)
Feb 24, 2012, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyLee
I have to "ditto" that!
I have over 65 flights on the SE5 but it crash landed too many times behind German lines and now it's repainted and flying for the Huns!
Feb 26, 2012, 08:21 AM
I was at the WRAM show yesterday and had a chance to see the Albatross, and to speak to Matt from HH, who was the project leader for the development of the Albatross. The plane is terrific. I can't wait for it to be released. Check out my post about the show, discussions of upcoming PZ releases and photos of the Albatross on the ParkZone Warbirds sticky thread.
Feb 26, 2012, 10:49 AM
I also saw the 'tros at WRAM and, other than the slightly crayola "flesh" colored fuse, it looks great (but I'm a bit picky--though not as maniacal as some of the ww1 devotees).

I can't wait to see what paint and wire mods you all come up with.

Also, I want to see how it lands on grass. I've see a ton of last second nose overs by bipes at my field.

If Horizon is listening; I would line up to buy a ww1 pusher bipe park flyer. It would be great to see something like a DH.2, FE.2, Voisin , etc. I know it would cost more and be a bit more work to assemble, but wouldn't it be awesome!

BTW if you like like ww1 planes and or flight sims check out Rise of Flight. It's pretty amazing and has a ton of gorgeous skins for the planes. Be warned though the sim has a steep learning/reality curve.

http://riseofflight.com/en
Feb 26, 2012, 08:17 PM
From its appearance, I'm guessing that the CofG is lower than the SE5a, so it should be less prone to nose overs. However, the field where I fly can induce just about any plane to nose over, so I'm already planning on pushing the landing gear forward by about 1" as I did on the SE5a.
Feb 26, 2012, 08:22 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Saw the two Albatros at WRAM yesterday and I have to say that the camera makes the foam look bumpy when in fact it's really pretty smooth. Nice size and details. I hope they come out with some more Allied aircraft. Be fun to do scale dogfighting (no 3D dogfighting). I took some pics if anyone is interested.

Mike
Feb 26, 2012, 08:34 PM
So what does one figure they will sell more BNF or PNP versions
subscribed
Feb 26, 2012, 09:05 PM
Parkstormer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS
Saw the two Albatros at WRAM yesterday and I have to say that the camera makes the foam look bumpy when in fact it's really pretty smooth. Nice size and details. I hope they come out with some more Allied aircraft. Be fun to do scale dogfighting (no 3D dogfighting). I took some pics if anyone is interested.

Mike
I'd be interested . . .
Feb 26, 2012, 09:16 PM
i can't think of anyone who wouldn't be interested thats reading this thread

cheers chuck
Feb 26, 2012, 09:17 PM
Quote:
I took some pics if anyone is interested.
Mike
CarreraGTSCS,

I'd be interested too!

Dave
Feb 26, 2012, 11:08 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Ok fellas. I'll load them soon. I really liked it.

Mike
Feb 27, 2012, 01:21 PM
I can fix it.

Wood graining

I still wanna hear about how to wood grain that fuselage!
Feb 27, 2012, 01:52 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
I took some pics if anyone is interested.

Mike
NOT INTERESTED in waiting any longer for the pics

Mike, you said the foam looked smooth live but in the pics it looked bumpy. In the pics I actually see (fuse anyway) smooth foam but the engine cover sheet metal (silver areas) look bumpy like simulated hammered metal.

I wondering if that is what people are seeing in the pics and asumming it's bumpy.

Did you see that there is a simulated hammering like I mentioned or am I on glue. I asked this to Dave and another time atleast, but know one seems to know or care

Quick Reply