Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:28 PM
Find More Posts by FASTALJR
Fast and getting faster!
Discussion

micro contra rotating outrunner system

Are they still out there? Looking to put it on a lightweight scale balsa build, as it would be kinda ironic on the model that has more than 1 wing, to have 2 motors and props!

Let me know!
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2012, 05:45 AM
Find More Posts by Azarr
RIP Azarr - "Old age is not for sissies"
How big Al? HK has several with the lightest listed at 55g but I don't know anything about it. HiMax has a line also. I have the smallest one, it's a jewel on 7" props but it weighs in at 73g. We need a nice small one for F3P but the only one's I've seen that small are one of a kind.

Azarr
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:01 PM
Find More Posts by FASTALJR
Fast and getting faster!
the plane according to the plans auw is 7.5 Ounces. However that is with a geared 7:1 brushed motor and a 7 cell 110 mah nicad. 73 Grams on the nose might be alot. I cant find the weight on the 280 gearbox from GWS. I was initially thinking about a Medusa or Hacker 12mm motor with a gws gearbox.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 01:02 PM
Find More Posts by eflightray
An itch?. Scratch build.
Is this thread of any help - Contra-Rotating Twin GWS Drive

It's rather an old thread, 2004, and looks like a DIY job.

This one is a rather large thread, 2004 to current, - contra rotating prop brushless

There are quite a few threads with contra in their titles if you do a whole forum search,
you could reduce that by selecting specific forums to search.

Also if you fancy having a go at making one, the drive out of one of the micro multi rotor helicopters might make a good staring point.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:06 AM
Find More Posts by Finnspeed
F3A Team Finland
Take a look here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1390240

Kimmo Kaukoranta builds contra rotating drive systems for F3P. The system can pull a 4 oz plane vertically.