Thread Tools
Oct 11, 2012, 11:20 PM
Castle Support
Clintstone's Avatar
Not sure on the SK setup... I believe if you are running the newest firmware from SK there is an issue... I had a Beta Tester using SK and it was working great and then they upgraded firmware on the SK and it no longer worked... Maybe one of the SK will chime in... Thanks.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2012, 05:07 AM
A man with too many toys
I tried the new firmware with a SK540 and my Futaba 8FGH with Sbus receiver and had no problems. I set the end points to 100,100 and set the hold value to 15%. Plug in the ESC with the hold switch on and it arms every time. I made a few test flights and it does ok with those settings. I did not attempt to setup the Auto bailout but I have heard from others that Skookum needs a firmware update to make that reliable.


Skookum is going to have improved firmware out soon with improved governor for EP.


.
Oct 12, 2012, 05:18 AM
Registered User
The main problem is that the SK's (540, 720) does not pass though a throttle signal below idle throttle point, calibrated in Skookum setup software. You need to set the SK's idle thottle to esc arm point, not to hold point as setup program advises. Currently it is the only one solution (as I know), as long as Skookum is not make changes in firmware. If they're going to do it...
Sorry for my English.
Oct 12, 2012, 06:58 AM
Fly,crash,repair,repeat.
neoalchemist74's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
I tried the new firmware with a SK540 and my Futaba 8FGH with Sbus receiver and had no problems. I set the end points to 100,100 and set the hold value to 15%. Plug in the ESC with the hold switch on and it arms every time. I made a few test flights and it does ok with those settings. I did not attempt to setup the Auto bailout but I have heard from others that Skookum needs a firmware update to make that reliable.


Skookum is going to have improved firmware out soon with improved governor for EP.


.
Which Skookum firmware are you running?
Oct 12, 2012, 09:02 AM
Fly,crash,repair,repeat.
neoalchemist74's Avatar
Ok, it's working but I had to put the esc into airplane mode...so I guess it's not really working
Oct 12, 2012, 09:03 AM
Registered User
Hello i write here some question about 4.02 firmware on ICE100 with external gov as i seen that support is better.

I will try to setup it to work on MSH Brain gov. First i want to say that Brain has a TH panel like vbar so i will use the same way to calibrate the TH on ESC.

Questions:
1- MSH Brain hasn't got any bailout function yet in the software. So how can i set autobailout on ICE100? ON or OFF?

2- Is there a way to have autobailout only from ICE100 even if using ext gov?

Thanks
Oct 12, 2012, 09:39 AM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by uragano47812 View Post
Hello i write here some question about 4.02 firmware on ICE100 with external gov as i seen that support is better.

I will try to setup it to work on MSH Brain gov. First i want to say that Brain has a TH panel like vbar so i will use the same way to calibrate the TH on ESC.

Questions:
1- MSH Brain hasn't got any bailout function yet in the software. So how can i set autobailout on ICE100? ON or OFF?

2- Is there a way to have autobailout only from ICE100 even if using ext gov?

Thanks
V4.02 governor is excellent so it may be best to use the ICE Set RPM governor mode. Start with a gain of 15. Itís better than you might think.

Oct 12, 2012, 10:32 AM
Fly,crash,repair,repeat.
neoalchemist74's Avatar
I was able to get low end throttle end point set through the Sk software but not the high end this morning. The crazy thing is, the esc armed at end point 140 which on 8j the max. Now. My throttle channel in the transmitter is reversed, it always has been and b4 the latest software update I was running the throttle through the SK but using the CC governor. Could the throttle be reversed in the SK? I'll go through it again a little later. It seems to be working fine in airplane mode, sans auto bailout but I'd like it to be set up correctly.
Oct 14, 2012, 12:28 PM
Fly,crash,repair,repeat.
neoalchemist74's Avatar
My problem is in setting the end points. I cant get any response from the esc if I attempt to set them with the throttle lead through the SK540( I dont have this problem when setting up the throttle normally, without governor turned on.) and if I attempt to set the end points out side of the SK first through the reciever it works unttil I unplug the esc then plug it back in, then the esc will not arm. I got it to work with the esc in airplane mode but its glitchy and it does"t feel like the rpm is correct. So its back to the CC governor for now.
Oct 14, 2012, 11:40 PM
Registered User
OK I went to 12 PWM, upped HS to 2200 on Vbar gov & tweaked governor dynamics etc to give what I thought was reasonable performance.

Is there anyway I can upload the Castle Logs so you guys can give your thoughts?
The logs look very good given my limited experience in E power.

EDIT: I managed to zip them & upload.
Last edited by HiroboFreak; Oct 14, 2012 at 11:46 PM.
Oct 16, 2012, 09:39 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by uragano47812 View Post
Hello i write here some question about 4.02 firmware on ICE100 with external gov as i seen that support is better.

I will try to setup it to work on MSH Brain gov. First i want to say that Brain has a TH panel like vbar so i will use the same way to calibrate the TH on ESC.

Questions:
1- MSH Brain hasn't got any bailout function yet in the software. So how can i set autobailout on ICE100? ON or OFF?

2- Is there a way to have autobailout only from ICE100 even if using ext gov?

Thanks
Ok i tested it with MSH Brain and it works really well a good soft start and the response is really great.
Oct 22, 2012, 12:19 PM
Castle Support
Clintstone's Avatar
Thanks for your feedback... I have not tried the brain yet...
Dec 04, 2012, 01:06 PM
Registered User
gsxrjohnny's Avatar

Clearing Data Log


Came across this post

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=475234

regarding not being able to clear data log by arming esc with full throttle. I noticed this too and assumed it might be fixed when the firmware was released. Anyone know if external governor mode disables it?
Dec 04, 2012, 01:16 PM
RC Heli Nation
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoalchemist74 View Post
My problem is in setting the end points. I cant get any response from the esc if I attempt to set them with the throttle lead through the SK540( I dont have this problem when setting up the throttle normally, without governor turned on.) and if I attempt to set the end points out side of the SK first through the reciever it works unttil I unplug the esc then plug it back in, then the esc will not arm. I got it to work with the esc in airplane mode but its glitchy and it does"t feel like the rpm is correct. So its back to the CC governor for now.
This is actually a SK glitch that will be fixed with the next firmware. There is a way around it described here http://www.rchelination.com/sk540-governor-with-cc-esc/ The performance on the SK Gov is quite worth it over the CC gov. The update will allow use of either the SK softstart and bailout or the CC soft start and bailout btw
Last edited by nwmtech; Dec 04, 2012 at 01:23 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Cant use update client or firmware update jaysbay Aerial Photography 6 Nov 07, 2011 10:19 PM
Sold SOLD-F/S Blue Mini V-Bar V 5.0 ---Like New-SOLD ptflyer Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Nov 06, 2011 04:22 PM
Sold BNF T-Rex 500 ESP Mikado V-Bar dawhale Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Apr 11, 2011 04:16 PM
Help! Where can I get\download a firmware update for schulze isl 6-330 v 8.50? eitanro High Performance 1 Oct 04, 2010 04:12 AM