V-Bar Firmware update - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 30, 2012, 04:34 PM
Castle Support
Clintstone's Avatar
Discussion

V-Bar Firmware update


I started a new thread to help stay on topic... This thread is for updates only...


We are testing the New Firmware and working with various Pro Pilots to get a solution that works very well with the V-Bar GOV and other External GOVs...

Yes, the Native GOV has also been improved to virtually eliminate the over and under speed that has been more evident in some setups...

I will post more info as it is available...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2012, 05:16 PM
Registered User
OnTheSnap's Avatar
Thanks Clint! I have an ICE2 120HV I plan on testing with vBar gov in a SAB Goblin. I'm hoping the timing aligns well.

Can you share with us any details on how it's working and any open issues you're trying to resolve still? I would very much like to hear some insider info on how the development is going.

Cheers.
Jan 30, 2012, 05:52 PM
A man with too many toys
Does this include the multi-rotor support or will that be a separate throttle mode?
Jan 30, 2012, 10:42 PM
Castle Support
Clintstone's Avatar
As testing is on going that is all I can share today... Should have more info on Thursday. thanks...
Jan 31, 2012, 05:10 AM
Registered User
Hope its released soon
Jan 31, 2012, 05:49 AM
A man with too many toys
If they improve the internal governor than we won’t need to fool around with the sensors and other headaches of setting up an external governor.
Jan 31, 2012, 10:07 AM
Electric Helis is my game
MrMel's Avatar
Quote:
If they improve the internal governor than we won’t need to fool around with the sensors and other headaches of setting up an external governor.
Depends on what you're after, I take an external governor 10 times out 10 now, so much smoother and 20% less peaks when you have "precompensation".

I'm looking forward to this update, not for myself but for all those I know having CC and want to use the external governor.
And that is a LOT of people
Jan 31, 2012, 02:16 PM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMel
Depends on what you're after, I take an external governor 10 times out 10 now, so much smoother and 20% less peaks when you have "precompensation".

I'm looking forward to this update, not for myself but for all those I know having CC and want to use the external governor.
And that is a LOT of people
I have quite a few helicopters and it would be a major investment to purchase and install external governors on all of them. Two have SK720, which have a built in governor so I could convert those by only purchasing a phase sensor. That way I could do back to back testing of the two governors. I am definitely ready for some good flying weather.

Jan 31, 2012, 10:09 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
I have quite a few helicopters and it would be a major investment to purchase and install external governors on all of them. Two have SK720, which have a built in governor so I could convert those by only purchasing a phase sensor.That way I could do back to back testing of the two governors. I am definitely ready for some good flying weather.

Tomorrow.....

Chicago area weather


Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 45. West northwest wind around 5 mph.
Feb 01, 2012, 06:03 AM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hahn
Tomorrow.....

Chicago area weather


Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 45. West northwest wind around 5 mph.
Yes we will have very good weather for the next few days but NO Firmware Update.


Feb 01, 2012, 03:23 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
Yes we will have very good weather for the next few days but NO Firmware Update.


That's why you have other helis.

It isn't like this is unexpected news.
Feb 01, 2012, 06:26 PM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hahn
That's why you have other helis.

It isn't like this is unexpected news.
I did get in some flying today but found that my LiPoís are going south. I thought that Gens Ace was suppose to be good but I found two of them getting weak cells. I just ordered some Turnigy nano-techs to replace them as I have had excellent durability with that brand.

Itís good to have a mid-winter shake down so you are ready when the serious flying season starts.

Feb 02, 2012, 09:09 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap
Thanks Clint! I have an ICE2 120HV I plan on testing with vBar gov in a SAB Goblin. I'm hoping the timing aligns well.
+1 I'm hanging on to a ICE2 160 destined for a Goblin. I'm looking forward to hearing the update on Thursday, as it'll drive my decision to order a Scorpion 130 that supports external gov...
Feb 02, 2012, 11:26 AM
Castle Support
Clintstone's Avatar

Thursday Update...


Testing continues...

We are trying to get the ESC and the V-Bar to play well together particularly in the transition. V-Bar wants Castle to control the soft start but there are quite a few factors involved with making a smooth transition... It is very close...

We have sent a test unit to MR Mel and it is on its way to him... As we are at a point where we are getting very close Mr Mel has agreed to help with the final testing to get the best solution possible for the end users.

I will continue to update this thread but this is all I have for now... As this is an update thread please keep it on this subject. Thanks.
Feb 02, 2012, 12:24 PM
Registered User
gww528's Avatar
That's great if the Castle can control the soft start... as I find it better than the VBar soft start (VBar/CC together).

With MrMel testing, it should end a lot of confusion of what can & cannot be done, maybe now we'll have a happy marriage of the two.

Thank you Clint... & Castle
Last edited by gww528; Feb 02, 2012 at 12:42 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Cant use update client or firmware update jaysbay Aerial Photography 6 Nov 07, 2011 11:19 PM
Sold SOLD-F/S Blue Mini V-Bar V 5.0 ---Like New-SOLD ptflyer Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Nov 06, 2011 05:22 PM
Sold BNF T-Rex 500 ESP Mikado V-Bar dawhale Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Apr 11, 2011 05:16 PM
Help! Where can I get\download a firmware update for schulze isl 6-330 v 8.50? eitanro High Performance 1 Oct 04, 2010 05:12 AM