This thread is privately moderated by surf1punk, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 30, 2012, 10:09 AM
RC FPVer
Thread OP
Discussion

My RC plane progression so far!

Hello everyone! I've always had an interest in RC vehicles ever since I was very young, even saving up for 3 years as a 12 year old for my first RC-10t kit. RC planes was always a desire of mine, but just not affordable for me back then. Luckily it's much easier to start the hobby these days, plus being 15 years older with an income helps!

I thought I'd catch everyone up on where I started earlier last year and where I'm at now with some videos. So here goes!

Hobbyzone Champ

I started with the Hobbyzone Champ, like many others have, to get my feet wet into the RC plane world.
View the full review and article here!

Champ RTF by HobbyZone - RC Plane (2 min 37 sec)

Airfield T-28 Trojan

After a few weeks of practicing with the Champ I felt ready to move up to a 4 channel plane, and I decided on the 800mm Airfield T-28 Trojan. It was a bit scary flying with ailerons at first, but I quickly got the hang of it, and I was hooked!
View the full review and article here!

Maiden flight of the Airfield T-28 Trojan 800mm (1 min 53 sec)

I also setup a camera in the plane and got some video from the air!
Airfield T-28 Trojan - Cockpit Cams (FPV) 800mm (4 min 18 sec)

Dynam P-51 Mustang

About 6 weeks into the Trojan Black Friday came around and there were some sales I just couldn't pass up. Plus I wanted to go bigger! I ordered both the 1200mm Dynam P-51 Mustang and the 63" Blitzworks A-1 Skyraider.
I built the Mustang first, being the simplier of the 2, and then followed with the Skyraider.
View the build and flight article on the Mustang here.

Dynam P-51 Mustang - Aerobatic Flight (3 min 56 sec)

Blitzworks A1-Skyraider

Finally after a long build of the A1-Skyraider I was able to take it out for its maiden flight! I was a bit nervous, being the largest plane I've flown to this date. What a fun plane to fly, once you get to planes this scale they almost feel real!
Full build log article can be found here.

Blitzworks RC A1 Skyraider 63" Maiden Flight (7 min 19 sec)

Now: I've recently just invested in a new plane, the Skywalker, to be the start of my FPV adventures! I've been reading a lot on the subject and I'm really excited to give it a try! More to come on the outcome of that
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply