View Poll Results: Who wants a Darth Smaul Kit?
Gotta have one now, where do I order 10 17.24%
Will buy one in the next several months 16 27.59%
On my long list 14 24.14%
I am not evil enough and therefore not worthy 18 31.03%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Oct 28, 2003, 05:55 PM
Evil Plane Doer
Thread OP
A gay Bat?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2003, 08:30 PM
Exotic Dancer
Yeah,

Fruit bat.

Isn't that the weapon those skin heads use to commit hate crimes in San Fran?
Oct 29, 2003, 07:02 AM
Evil Plane Doer
Thread OP
But we digress,

I am a little sensitive as my Alpha was covered with transparent red solite, and since I was going for an Evil look it really hurt when my Wife and daughter said the plane looked Cute and Gay.

Woking on an Evil covering scheme for this one. Anybody use Oracover?
Oct 29, 2003, 07:36 AM
Exotic Dancer
I've never used oracover, but I can point you to an evil covering scheme. The scheme I attempted with Aerolock's Nemesis may be just evil enough to pass muster with this plane. The thread is somewhere in parkflyers. Do a search for "Coop" and "nemesis"
Oct 29, 2003, 07:46 AM
Exotic Dancer
As far as landing gear goes, I have done something really cool with the evil wheels, but am balking at the CF/Plywood gear legs. I have had bad luck with the CF rods losing integrity in the past, and wonder if steel might be a better option? I guess this is a question for those of you who have been flying them.
Oct 29, 2003, 11:19 AM
Your disturbing my CG!
Anyone ever take a plane and let someone airbrush a really sweet (and in this case evil) paintjob on it? Kinda take away the DIY fun, but sounds like an iteresting thing to do... even if its just a logo. Of course you would have to cover it in something that can be painted... What would be the best for that? That laminate stuff?
Oct 29, 2003, 11:49 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
=Anybody use Oracover?==

Blech! I don't like the stuff. I used to love it, I covered several planes in it. Then some time went by and my nice drum-tight covering turned into a wrinkle-fest. I re-shrunk them all and a few days later they were wrinkled again. I re-shrunk them and this time the ailerons wouldn't move because the covering had tightened so much. Re-hinged the ailerons, re-shrunk and... you guessed it... wrinkles came back again. Of the 3 planes, I have re-covered 2 of them in SoLite and will recover the 3rd one some day.

==Of course you would have to cover it in something that can be painted... What would be the best for that?==

Doculam can be painted. Dusty was just sharing with me via PM about how much he loves the stuff. Then he said something about jabbing an ice pick into his hand for the entertainment value
Oct 29, 2003, 12:26 PM
Exotic Dancer
Yeah. Doculam is about 75% full of SUCK.
Some one please invent a clear version of solite.

CALGON, TAKE ME AWAY!
Oct 29, 2003, 12:31 PM
Evil Plane Doer
Thread OP
Dusty,

Could you give my design for the landing gear a whirl I think you will like it.

==Blech! I don't like the stuff==
But, how do you really feel?

What light weight transparent covering is not Pink????
Oct 29, 2003, 12:41 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
==What light weight transparent covering is not Pink????==

Yellow SoLite But I've noticed that some "red" SoLite tend more towards pink and some more towards red. It's not consistent from roll-to-roll.
Oct 29, 2003, 01:00 PM
Littlebirdz
We used a Metallic red on one of the first G-Nats. Turned out really red and metallic as the wrapper stated. I am pretty sure it was Solite, but Paul covered the first 2 G-Nats so I am not 100% sure.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...postid=1220332

Click the link above to see the pic.

Cheers,
Dave
Oct 29, 2003, 01:33 PM
I've used the red Oracover light. It is very red. It does need reshrinking once a year, but a few quick passes with the heat gun takes care of that.

Let's do some digging here...

ahh, found it.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...highlight=x250
Oct 29, 2003, 06:57 PM
Exotic Dancer
I got the wings and tail surfaces covered today. All delicious green flames and pure evil...

I suppose since this is a beta build, I'll try the LG as designed. After looking more closely, It looks like it will do fine. If it doesn't, it's not that much trouble to modify.

I'll be posting a mostly complete assembly pic tomorrow in the covering thread. Keep those eyes peeled like so many grapes.
Oct 29, 2003, 07:59 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Tomorrow??? Geesh, do you think we have a life outside of this place? Post it NOW!
Oct 29, 2003, 09:04 PM
Evil Plane Doer
Thread OP
Tres,

Remember his buddy is using his digicam to take extortion photos.

Quick Reply