Jan 29, 2012, 10:58 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

What happened to Obama's everyone should pay their fair share?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/thousa...231332510.html
Jan 29, 2012, 11:01 AM
Remember, to Mr. Obama fair = unfair. Make sense now?
Jan 29, 2012, 11:53 AM
So, one to four percent, depending on which office, owe back taxes for various unspecified reasons, and there are no available figures for the general public. What would be your best guess on what percentage of of the public taxpayers owe back taxes? Do you think it would be higher or lower than, say, four percent?
Jan 29, 2012, 12:09 PM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Mr. Obama believes government is a good fairy.....those who work above some minimal level pay the good fairy taxes and then the good fairy sprinkles the fairy dust to make everybody have the same thing.......which translates into nothing but the belief in the Governmental Good Fairy is Fair.......which it ain't.
Jan 29, 2012, 12:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Thomerson
So, one to four percent, depending on which office, owe back taxes for various unspecified reasons, and there are no available figures for the general public. What would be your best guess on what percentage of of the public taxpayers owe back taxes? Do you think it would be higher or lower than, say, four percent?
He is the saying that everyone should pay their fair share, but his own executive office personnel owe multi-millions. He should start with them. As for the rest of the country, I don't care; so if you are interested, you can check it out.
Jan 29, 2012, 03:53 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvinwc
He is the saying that everyone should pay their fair share, but his own executive office personnel owe multi-millions. He should start with them. As for the rest of the country, I don't care; so if you are interested, you can check it out.
I can assure you there is indeed a crackdown on federal employees (at least those in the competitive service) who are delinquent on taxes. Corrective actions leading to termination are authorized. Financial problems are the leading cause of a federal employee losing their job.

For those in the excepted service... anything goes, I suppose. Congressional staffers are among those in the excepted service.

I do know potential candidates with tax issues will have a very difficult time getting a federal position.
Jan 29, 2012, 03:59 PM
Tu ne cede malis
Unless that Federal Position is running the Federal Treasury and your name is Tim Geithner.
Jan 29, 2012, 05:35 PM
Сделем Америку Великой Снова
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Mar 11, 2012 at 10:21 AM.
Jan 29, 2012, 09:40 PM
Set a crook to catch a crook worked out pretty when Harry Truman was put in charge of shutting war profiteers during WWII.
Jan 30, 2012, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Thomerson
Set a crook to catch a crook worked out pretty when Harry Truman was put in charge of shutting war profiteers during WWII.
This is the third time this week you've reduced me to saying wow. Wow.
Jan 30, 2012, 06:53 AM
Playing with toys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvinwc
Hey, they work... at ripping you off....
Latest blog entry: ...

Quick Reply