Jan 23, 2013, 04:59 PM
Steve, you did a magnificent job on your RN Models Avro Triplane Mk IV. Very surprising that it flew so well without any wing dihedral or ailerons. Thatís a very nice way to add a little aileron control, very crafty. The pictures and video are excellent, looks just like a real old timer buzzing along. Itís nice to see you got the Cox 049 diesel to run; I didnít have much luck with mine. Thanks for a very interesting presentation.
John
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2017, 06:01 PM
Riecilla

nice work

I just started on one today. One of 3 rn kits I have. Been lugging this one for at least 30 years. Did laser cut the wing ribs. That's why i never started it before. too many small ribs.

Have fun.
May 21, 2017, 06:07 PM
Edubarca
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbco
Here's a video of the triplane in flight. There was more wind (and gusts) than I usually fly in and I couldn't do much low and slow flying, which would have looked much more realistic. My cameraman was only available at this time, so I had to fly!

Steve

http://youtu.be/A6pE9Ehaz-0
"Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines!!!!!!" Congratulations. a beautiful model.
May 21, 2017, 06:09 PM
Edubarca
I think Sir Percy Ware-Armitage (played by Terry-Thomas), not a very English "Gentleman", flew this airplane in the movie. Landed on a train!!! What a fantastic movie. They don't make them like they used to, definitively!!
May 22, 2017, 11:12 PM
Here is some video footage of the Old Warden replica in flight in October 2013. I was there!
Avro Triplane at Old Warden 6th October 2013 (10 min 42 sec)
Jun 02, 2017, 09:53 PM
Riecilla

Almost finished covering the wings on mine.

Pretty sure im putting .020 on and flying free flight. I'm in love with this plane. My leading 1/4" stuff needed replacing but i didn't. hehehe

Wish me luck. Prolly put a pic or two up.

Oh, yes. Using EZ Dope water base dope replacement. I like it but gotta find a good fuel proof paint for it too. like latex im guessing.