Thread Tools
Dec 18, 2012, 11:18 PM
Registered User
All modifieds come with a 5200 unless you buy a roller. Theres not many who use other motors. Maybe a handfull if that. The 5200 they come with is the best choice imho.




Motty
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2012, 07:28 PM
Me Toby You?
Toby Warren's Avatar
I bought a roller and installed my own motor and electronics. The motor I have is a 5000 which is lower than most modifieds.


Toby
Dec 22, 2012, 11:52 AM
Cakeman
I know many who did what you did Toby. Why did you go with a lower kv? I never heard why.


Cakeman
Dec 23, 2012, 12:17 PM
Me Toby You?
Toby Warren's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeman
I know many who did what you did Toby. Why did you go with a lower kv? I never heard why.


Cakeman
Two reasons Cake one was the cost of the motor. I paid ten dollars for it and couldn't pass it up. The reason why I went with a lower kv is because none of the tracks I've been on have long straights. With the karts gearing and the way there setup it works better for me in the infield section.




Toby
Dec 23, 2012, 09:16 PM
DoubleTrouble
But your loosing torque Tobe with the lower kv. I don't see how it would be faster.


Double Trouble
Dec 25, 2012, 10:37 AM
Registered User
With the ratio on the karts it may work out better. I'd have to do the math.



Motty
Dec 27, 2012, 04:24 PM
Always were your sun glasses!
Leadhauler's Avatar
Robert told me once the ratio was 10:2? It seems high to me but I think thats what he said.

Leadhauler
Dec 29, 2012, 09:20 PM
Thats Right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadhauler
Robert told me once the ratio was 10:2? It seems high to me but I think thats what he said.

Leadhauler


It is or close to it.


Jeffgmann
Dec 30, 2012, 09:06 PM
Always were your sun glasses!
Leadhauler's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGmann
It is or close to it.


Jeffgmann

It has to be somewhere around there. I'm almost sure its 10:2

Leadhauler
Dec 31, 2012, 05:26 PM
Registered User
Tried calling Todd today I guess there not back? I was going to ask him about the gear ratio and rollout. I think the ratio is 10 to 1 not 10 to 2 Lead. I had it written down on the side of my kart box.


Motty
Jan 02, 2013, 03:40 PM
Registered User
Is anyone running the EX-1 Radio? Had a question if you have if your using your KO rec in your kart.
Jan 02, 2013, 10:07 PM
Always were your sun glasses!
Leadhauler's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012NC
Is anyone running the EX-1 Radio? Had a question if you have if your using your KO rec in your kart.
Dude I don't think you'll find anything close to that nature with these guys. I've seen a few Futabas and M12s but thats about it. Good luck on that one 2012NC.


Leadhauler
Jan 03, 2013, 03:13 PM
DoubleTrouble
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadhauler
Dude I don't think you'll find anything close to that nature with these guys. I've seen a few Futabas and M12s but thats about it. Good luck on that one 2012NC.


Leadhauler
So very true you may see the big sponsored drivers running something like that but not us poor folks on a budget. Spektrums, FlySky, Futabas and maybe if your lucky a older KO but thats it. Isn't the one he's asking about you can make it into a stick radio to? To hitech for my blood.




Double Trouble
Jan 04, 2013, 10:19 AM
Registered User
Its an excllent radio vs the others you listed. Plus if you have sponsors your forced to use what they send or offer you for racing. In my case I had a couple of extra receivers at my reach. I installed one in my kart. Not a big deal if anyone doesn't use a radio like mine. I was only asking to see. I don't want this to end up like other rc forums on what radio is best or worst. Thats brand politics.
Jan 04, 2013, 08:29 PM
Just_Me
Just_me's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012NC
Its an excllent radio vs the others you listed. Plus if you have sponsors your forced to use what they send or offer you for racing. In my case I had a couple of extra receivers at my reach. I installed one in my kart. Not a big deal if anyone doesn't use a radio like mine. I was only asking to see. I don't want this to end up like other rc forums on what radio is best or worst. Thats brand politics.
Never seen one until I googled it. Unreal what that thing can do and all the wheel adjustments and add ons? Man!



Just_Me


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Team Edge RC Karts in Dothan. Possible race in Spring? P.ODell Large Scale Cars 156 Jun 23, 2013 07:08 PM
Yippee! Team Edge RC Kart racing hitting Nashville Tennessee. Team Edge RC Large Scale Cars 697 Apr 08, 2013 06:45 AM
Question Team Edge RC indoor Kart racing? Team Edge RC Large Scale Cars 244 Mar 27, 2013 08:42 PM
Discussion Team Edge RC member only tech chat tonight! From 830 to ? Team Edge RC Large Scale Cars 22 Dec 28, 2011 09:42 AM