New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:02 AM
catchthis is offline
Find More Posts by catchthis
Registered User
catchthis's Avatar
I think I may paint the hull roof and stack the same color as my bass boat hull, what do you think?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:18 AM
louie R/C NUT is offline
Find More Posts by louie R/C NUT
no such thing as to many boats
louie R/C NUT's Avatar
Kyle your boat is looking good you do very nice work
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:09 PM
catchthis is offline
Find More Posts by catchthis
Registered User
catchthis's Avatar
Thank you, I NEVER cut corners because I know it will come back to haunt me in the future. Also I am a bit ocd when it comes to getting a smooth hull or getting fittings etc just right, sometimes I'm scared to hide the beautiful paint so I keep detailing to a minimum!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:22 AM
CPL.FUZZ is offline
Find More Posts by CPL.FUZZ
Registered User
Hello Bluezephyr. Can you tell me where your tugs skipper is from, I need a captain. I'm nearly finished building both the Harbor and Tour Master from a set of plans I bought on E-bay. Thanks. Cpl.fuzz
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:25 AM
catchthis is offline
Find More Posts by catchthis
Registered User
catchthis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPL.FUZZ View Post
Hello Bluezephyr. Can you tell me where your tugs skipper is from, I need a captain. I'm nearly finished building both the Harbor and Tour Master from a set of plans I bought on E-bay. Thanks. Cpl.fuzz
Post some pics of your builds on my thread, I am going to be building the harbor master soon!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:03 PM
der kapitan is offline
Find More Posts by der kapitan
"day ain't over yet-"
der kapitan's Avatar
Looking back through this thread and other builds featuring the now-discontinued Midwest line makes me wonder how they came across the decision to cut production.

They must have fallen on their heads pretty hard---.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:51 PM
catchthis is offline
Find More Posts by catchthis
Registered User
catchthis's Avatar
YUP, Thats for sure. I own most of the midwest wood kits, I need the fireboat (top of the list) and the 22' lobster boat and fantail launch. I have the 30" lobster boat, trawler, dragger, bass boat, harbor tug, harbor master, and tour master.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 04:49 PM
steamboatmodel is offline
Find More Posts by steamboatmodel
Registered User
steamboatmodel's Avatar
They have the Fantail Launch and the Heritage engine boiler listed as instock again on there site.
Regards,
Gerald.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 07:18 PM
catchthis is offline
Find More Posts by catchthis
Registered User
catchthis's Avatar
Thanks for the heads up, That build is low priority for me at the moment, first priority is the fire boat, then build ALL of my kits/ plans I designed from scratch, then lobster and maybe fantail. I have 9 kits I need to build before anything!
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:09 PM
420TEE is offline
Find More Posts by 420TEE
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by der kapitan View Post
Looking back through this thread and other builds featuring the now-discontinued Midwest line makes me wonder how they came across the decision to cut production.

They must have fallen on their heads pretty hard---.
Beancounters, pure and simple.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:14 PM
catchthis is offline
Find More Posts by catchthis
Registered User
catchthis's Avatar
got some work done on the boat, life raft shaped and epoxy coated along with the wood trim and cabin door, the cabin roof is slightly warped but I have an Idea for it when I mount it to the cabin. The forward roof has been painted and put in place. I am going to be putting on the acetate windows soon, then back to sanding and painting the hull.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:58 PM
CPL.FUZZ is offline
Find More Posts by CPL.FUZZ
Registered User

tour & harbor master


I bought a set of plans off E-bay of the Tour Master that included paper out lines of the keel, ribs and all sub parts, the guy traced every part, from this I have been able to make both the tug and tour boat by changing the pattern for the deck house for the tug. I also reshaped the stern to curve inward on the tug. Just painted a black line on the waterline of the tug this morning. I did change some of the wood that would have been in the kit, too thin. Made deck fittings from Evergreen Plastic tubing and strips. Planked the decks, sides of wheel houses and deckhouses, installed Stevens nav and running lights, 3.5 v. Made the rudders, prop tubes and shafts for both. Time to put everything inside. Cpl.fuzz
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:37 PM
P_J_Glor is offline
Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Registered User
P_J_Glor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPL.FUZZ View Post
I bought a set of plans off E-bay of the Tour Master that included paper out lines of the keel, ribs and all sub parts, the guy traced every part, from this I have been able to make both the tug and tour boat by changing the pattern for the deck house for the tug. I also reshaped the stern to curve inward on the tug. Just painted a black line on the waterline of the tug this morning. I did change some of the wood that would have been in the kit, too thin. Made deck fittings from Evergreen Plastic tubing and strips. Planked the decks, sides of wheel houses and deckhouses, installed Stevens nav and running lights, 3.5 v. Made the rudders, prop tubes and shafts for both. Time to put everything inside. Cpl.fuzz
And take (and post) PICTURES!!!!!

Pete G.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 06:40 PM
catchthis is offline
Find More Posts by catchthis
Registered User
catchthis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Glor View Post
And take (and post) PICTURES!!!!!

Pete G.
I agree!
Old Aug 02, 2012, 03:46 PM
CPL.FUZZ is offline
Find More Posts by CPL.FUZZ
Registered User
Hello Midwest fans. You asked for pictures, I took a couple today. One each for now. As I posted I bought the plans off E-bay and modified the plans to build both the Tour Master and the Harbor Master at the same time. They are realy to be christened this weekend. Thanks. Cpl.fuzz


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold MIDWEST PATTERN MASTER NIB $150 shipped aerowoof Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Apr 18, 2011 12:19 PM
Sold Hal deBolt's Pattern Master kit by Midwest Products - New untouched edh13 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Feb 19, 2011 08:03 PM
Discussion Is the Midwest Harbour Master a good boat for a newbie like me? jerome888 Scale Boats 10 Jan 07, 2011 10:00 PM
For Sale balsa building tools, Midwest easy cut, Master Airscrew balsa stripper, razor plane justplainold Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 1 Oct 23, 2009 10:49 AM
Discussion MidWest Pattern Master skylane42 Vintage & Old-Timer Designs 1 Aug 30, 2006 10:08 PM