Old Jan 27, 2012, 04:36 PM
Find More Posts by catchthis
Build Log

Midwest the tour master Kit 961

Just got the boat from a member yesterday. It was partially built. All the frame work is done. I have started working on this boat since I need materials for my bass boat to keep working. This will be a slow build because I need to finish the bass boat first. So far I stained the deck and put shims in to fill any voids. Pics to follow.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2012, 07:51 PM
Find More Posts by Tollytime
Ahh, but this keeps you in the zone.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 07:55 PM
Find More Posts by CurtisP40
Neat kit!
Old Jan 27, 2012, 07:56 PM
Find More Posts by der kapitan
"day ain't over yet-"
This is another Laughing Whale/Midwest hull that saw many reincarnations.

Somewhere in my files or up in the rafters, I have a set of plans for it---.

Cute model---.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:09 PM
Find More Posts by Kcal
Catch, looking great with the stain.

Kap, don't you make that in a fiberglass hull?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:17 PM
I also have the harbor master nib which is the same hull. I'm not going to even think about building it until this and the bass boat are done. Also have a harbor tug in the works. All I need is the fireboat and trawler to really get me working. Anyone interested in a set of plans let me know, or I can trace the framework onto sheets of the correct thickness ply so all you have to do is cut it out.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:36 PM
Find More Posts by Capt Cal
the beauty of the laughing whale/midwest kits is that they can be built off the plans and instruction manual
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:52 AM
Putting the cabin together. Seems like the front panels are too long, by about 1/4". I'll figure it out.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:27 PM
well, figured out the previous owner cut the deck a little short on the back end so I need to add some decking and match the stain, no big deal. Also framed the pilot house, needs a good filling and a coat of epoxy.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 08:04 PM
The cabin is filled and sanded, possibly epoxying the hull and cabin tomorrow, then I can start the planking ect.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:34 PM
Find More Posts by 6789boat
Model trains, Rc Boats, Rc air
What colors do you plan to paint it
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:09 PM
6789boat (Bruce), your the last person I would tell anything about any of my boats, especially painting it! Especially since last time I painted a boat the colors you wanted since you were "buying it from me" but backed out and I was stuck with a boat that I didn't even like the color scheme. -_____- please do not post on my threads, I just want to be left alone. I'm only 16 and I really dont want to be getting into arguments with you on this family oriented site.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:24 PM
Find More Posts by 6789boat
Model trains, Rc Boats, Rc air
O.k.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:30 PM
as for anyone else, I plan on keeping the same colors as the model on the box, I may change the red stripes to the same color blue the cabin top is so everything matches. if not those same areas dark green. Still have a long time to think about anything like paint color!