Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:03 PM
Find More Posts by YouMadeMeDoIt
Discussion

HobbyPartz.com - The second worst Customer Service on the Planet

Below is my chat record. In short, I ordered a 3S 5000Mah LiPo and received a 5S 5000Mah Battery. They want me to pay return shipping and send my battery back in before they ship me the one I actually ordered. I paid for priority mail so I could have it for a weekend flying get together, and now I have to lay out cash for shipping and wait another 1-2 weeks for these people to come through. I think I am just going to dispute the charges on my credit card. When a company sends you the wrong item, they should be paying for return shipping and they should immediately ship out the proper one.

info: You are now chatting with 'Richard'
Richard: Hi, how can I help you?
Anthony: Hey Richard, you guys just shipped me out one of these: http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl5000-5s1p-40c-5555.html
Anthony: and I ordered one of these: http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl5000-3s1p-40c-3333.html
Richard: Let me check for you
Richard: You got a 5 cell instead of a 3 cell?
Anthony: Yes.
Anthony: big price difference on your end too!
Richard: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Anthony: sure take your time
Richard: Could you actually send a picture of the battery you received as well as a picture of the shipping label?
Richard: r@$$r#$#$@gmail.com
Anthony: sure, gimme 2 mins
Richard: No problem. Let me know when you send it.
Anthony: just sent it out from anthony@#%@$%#.com
Richard: Alright give me a second.
Richard: Okay, I'll have an RMA email sent out to you. Go down to your post office and use the FLAT RATE SHIPPING which costs 4.95.
Richard: We'll refund you the 4.95 when we get the battery back.
Anthony: Parcel post, with no tracking?
Anthony: And whatabout the pack I was supposed to receive?
Richard: When we get the battery back, we'll ship you out the correct ones.
Anthony: Not good. I need the pack by this weekend, thats why I ordered via priority mail.
Anthony: You guys messed up the order, and now you want me to lay out cash, wait extra time, and then get what I actually ordered. All after being honest about receiving a $63 pack in place of a $38 one?
Anthony: The way it should work is like this. You send me out a prepaid shipping label, with the pack I ordered, I then place your pack in the package that the new one came in and mail it back to you. That's how professional companies handle it when they make a mistake.
Richard: We'll refund you for the return shipping cost.
Anthony: You already said that.
Anthony: I would like the pack I ordered before the weekend.
Richard: Theres no way we can get it to you before this weekend.
Anthony: Yes, there is. You can send it via priority mail the way you sent this package.
Anthony: There is a way.
Richard: We would need the battery back before we send out your battery.
Anthony: I would need the pack I ordered before I send this one back. Its my ordering policy.
Richard: We can't ship anything out until we get the battery back.
Anthony: Wow, so not only do you want to inconvenience me by sending out the wrong item, but you want me to lay out cash, waste my time going to a post office in NYC, and screw up my weekend plans due to your company's error. And I have to wait what 1-2 weeks to get what I already paid for and ordered???
Anthony: I will call and email your customer services. You guys are about to get blasted on RC Groups as well as Facebook.
Anthony: POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Richard: I do apologize you feel that way.
Richard: Anything else I can help you with today?
Anthony: https://www.rcgroups.com/vendor-talk-21/ -----------That's where you can look for your negative review.
Anthony: You haven't helped me with anything, you've just wasted more of my time.
Last edited by YouMadeMeDoIt; Jan 27, 2012 at 12:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2012, 09:13 AM
Find More Posts by gofish
I'd say you made out well! I wouldn't complain about it even though it may have messed up your weekend flying. You can always offer up that battery for sale here and come out ahead.
Even though I have issues with them advertising hardware for sale that they cannot, or will not restock, they have resolved discrepancies between us.

gofish
Old Jan 28, 2012, 09:15 AM
Find More Posts by gulio
That's a funny word
If you knew the flat rate was really priority Mail would it have made any difference?

It seems that the two parties will not agree , ever.

Too bad I don't have a 3s. I'd make you an even swap ,lol.

They messed up , their mistake.
Old Feb 03, 2012, 02:58 PM
Find More Posts by whitehawk
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
They also messed me up recently...they sent out 4S packs when I ordered 3S packs. I'm thinking it will be a waste of time to try to get it straightened out. Probably, not going to buy from them again.
Old Feb 03, 2012, 03:41 PM
Find More Posts by YouMadeMeDoIt
They refused to send me a prepaid shipping label, so since they did not send me what I ordered and will not pay for it to be shipped back up front -- I just disputed the charges on my Credit Card.