Aerobatic T-copter - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by Stunt Double, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 26, 2012, 07:37 PM

Aerobatic T-copter

Here are some pictures of my aerobatic t-copter. I've been flying this one for a while now starting off with a KK Blue board then a HobbyKing V2 KK board. The KK boards were fun and easy to configure but now i've upgraded it again to a MultiWii controller. Using the popular MultiWii thread as a guide I built up a naked Paris 4 shield with the Arduino Pro Mini 328 and the gyro board from a Wii Motion Plus.

Wow!! What a difference the MultiWii makes. This one offers advanced configuration and excellent stabilization. I've been able to push the t-copter a lot harder performing faster and tighter flips & rolls with much smoother flight in between. I'm still trying to find the best settings with the MWC gui. Definitely won't be going back to a KK board anytime soon!!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 01, 2012, 05:03 PM
Just a quick update on the aerobatic tricopter PID tuning - ive spent a bit of time tweaking the settings and now have a great balance for slow smooth flying and fast aerobatic moves. For those familiar with the MWC gui have a play with the roll/pitch 'rate' setting. Ive bumped this up to 0.4 and it makes all the difference.
Mar 13, 2012, 05:07 PM

bad boy

Hello, I was thinking to built a "aerobatic T-copter like yours and I was wondering whether you have a build log of your work with that bad boy

Apr 16, 2012, 12:02 PM

Very Cool!

I have watched this video like 5 times and love it. How much do you have into this t-copter? I am in the process of building a tricopter. would it be worth it to get the board you have vs the HK v2.1 board?

Quick Reply