Feb 26, 2013, 04:05 PM
Video Juggernaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Furikake
Ok ok. I'm crawling out of my hole. The 7 day old is asleep. I'll be back into this soon enough!

Is it a hackintosh?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2013, 05:18 PM
SkyHi Aerial
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman
I had one person send me his setup with roll issues. there was two issues. One was that HFG was setup so that it was too twitchy (using 1.09r0) I went back to 1.03 and that helped a lot . and servo was strange. (like griding inside when it was running, except it was very smooth in the gear) swapped the servo out,. between the two, it worked fine again.

matt, I remember you having the hfg setup table. can you send me the link?
I didn't have the list, trying to remember who made it or mentioned it recently. I think it was Ced, but not positive. I'm using the same settings that Gary recommended for 1.03 on 1.90r2 and it seems pretty close. Although it's been too windy lately to get a good test. Still, can't see any real improvement on 1.90r2 vs. 1.03 and the horizon tilt during yaw is still there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Furikake
Ok ok. I'm crawling out of my hole. The 7 day old is asleep. I'll be back into this soon enough!
Congratulation on the new kid. You will be in that hole for many months to come I have a 2 and 4 year old and my only free time is during naps and some weekend days when my wife has sympathy on me.
Feb 26, 2013, 10:44 PM
What's this got to do with Dji hex550 build and 2 axis gimbal?
Feb 26, 2013, 11:19 PM
Video Juggernaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh_007
In the words of Tina Turner, what's love got to do with it....

The manufacturer has progressed and continued support within this thread.
Last edited by Wingbreaker; Feb 26, 2013 at 11:27 PM.
Feb 26, 2013, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker
Is it a hackintosh?
Nope! Straight up Mac Pro. (2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloaf
Congratulation on the new kid. You will be in that hole for many months to come I have a 2 and 4 year old and my only free time is during naps and some weekend days when my wife has sympathy on me.
Ha. Thanks! I'm just glad my little girl is taking it well. (2 years old).

Oh and Andrey- I was showing off the Shrimp to the guys over at Koin 6 News. There were a bunch of news trucks down here about the cancer cluster in West Salem. I ended up showing and flying it for them after the meeting.
Feb 26, 2013, 11:40 PM
SkyHi Aerial
Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh_007
Although this thread is mostly about the AG gimbals and AG multirotors, we sometimes stray off on subjects like video editing, gopro settings and other stuff that has to do with getting the best quality video from this (or any) gimbaled setup. Feel free to ask away if you have any questions and we will gladly talk multi's.
Feb 27, 2013, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman
I had one person send me his setup with roll issues. there was two issues. One was that HFG was setup so that it was too twitchy (using 1.09r0) I went back to 1.03 and that helped a lot . and servo was strange. (like griding inside when it was running, except it was very smooth in the gear) swapped the servo out,. between the two, it worked fine again.

matt, I remember you having the hfg setup table. can you send me the link?
This table?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VakE2OUE#gid=0
Feb 27, 2013, 03:50 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76
I just updated my Shrimp entry, and added one for the Lobster, although it needs some testing still, so the settings might change.

-- Gary
Feb 27, 2013, 08:21 AM
Just had a look at the HFG board table values and have one question:
Why are the scaling factor values so different between roll and pitch? The difference in the gear ratio is not that big [2.5:1(roll) and 2.8:1(pitch)]...

Thanks,
Jim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76
Feb 27, 2013, 10:09 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbril
Just had a look at the HFG board table values and have one question:
Why are the scaling factor values so different between roll and pitch? The difference in the gear ratio is not that big [2.5:1(roll) and 2.8:1(pitch)]...

Thanks,
Jim.
It is because the tilt axis has an external pot, which is on the "other side" of the belt drive reduction. The reason for this is so we can have more control of the remotely adjusted tilt angle.

-- Gary
Feb 27, 2013, 10:28 AM
Destroyer of G-10
thanks ced that was it. wow kenji. read about the cancer cluster there. hopefully it is not near your place. anyway, sounds like you got to show off. cool stuff.
Feb 27, 2013, 12:17 PM
Thanks Gary, that explains it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum
It is because the tilt axis has an external pot, which is on the "other side" of the belt drive reduction. The reason for this is so we can have more control of the remotely adjusted tilt angle.

-- Gary
Feb 27, 2013, 02:57 PM
Video Juggernaut
Hopefully my new board works, will arrive today!. I'll have something lined up to shoot with this rig in the next two weeks. I'm pretty excited about putting this thing to actual use, like I had the chance to on my carbon core and the old ag550. I'm thinking the go pro 3 will put the video I shot with the nex5n to shame if I can get the board working right. From the tests i've done without the board the go pro 3 looks amazing in comparison IMO. Wish me luck...

Ahh they sent it along with a cool hoverfly cap. Sweet.
Last edited by Wingbreaker; Feb 27, 2013 at 04:30 PM.
Feb 27, 2013, 06:24 PM
Video Juggernaut
oh wow, first attempt with the new gimbal control already looking close. wow. will post results asap. Gary called it, faulty controller...
Feb 27, 2013, 06:46 PM
Destroyer of G-10
nice. sometimes we get one of the faulty setup and it gives issues. glad it got fixed.

Quick Reply