May 25, 2019, 04:48 PM
Where did that tree come from
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMC
Simply M,

How did your repairs come out?

RCMC
I luck up on mine. Minimum damage to one rib. The mice did't take the rib out like your. I just CA glue the rib well with a glue extension on the bottle and let it go.
to remove ads between posts
May 25, 2019, 07:28 PM
Inanity-Free Zone
Thread OP
kid at 55,

That message was for Simply M. He was working on a plane a few posts above mine. But, glad to hear your damage wasn't too extensive and repairs went well.

RCMC
May 26, 2019, 07:01 AM
Where did that tree come from
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMC
kid at 55,

That message was for Simply M. He was working on a plane a few posts above mine. But, glad to hear your damage wasn't too extensive and repairs went well.

RCMC
Oops. I'm bad.
May 28, 2019, 09:43 PM
Itís back together and ready to fly. I didnít take any pictures of the repairs as I went along. It wasnít as bad as I first thought it would be. This thread helped alot. Thanks
May 29, 2019, 04:16 AM
Inanity-Free Zone
Thread OP
Simply M,

That's okay on the pictures. The first priority of this thread is to get the planes flying again.

RCMC
May 29, 2019, 03:14 PM
Impeadance

3D Hobby Shop Motor Box

Hi
What is the starting point to fix this motor box, plane Viper Bipe 3dhobbyshop.
May 29, 2019, 08:29 PM
Inanity-Free Zone
Thread OP
Flazo,

That is a hard question to answer because all damage is different, the extent of the damage varies, location, damage to the surrounding areas might have something to do with where you start, etc, etc.

Pictures are alway good and your helps me a little. Even though a diagnosis is hard even with the best pictures it looks like I would start on piecing the parts you have back together. The baggie near the plane appears to have most or all of the broken pieces available.

I would start by reconstructing, like a puzzle, the motor box but don't glue anything until you are sure you can fit it all back together. You will be surprised how the plywood will stay attached one piece to the other without glue. You will find that the breaks in the plywood are unique to each break. Try not to trim any of the pieces with a knife to make them fit, that will actually weaken them. When you get two pieces together with your fingers use some force and you will see that the break might almost disappear. If you need too you can use a small hammer to close up gaps in the breaks.

It is important to not rush a motor box that is repaired in this manner because thrust angle that needs to be considered and is put back as close as possible too original.

Once most or all the pieces are back together then you can glue with thin CA. Then you need to back each break with, what I call a splint. These splint are nothing more than overlapping pieces of wood of like material (balsa on balsa and plywood on plywood, etc.). Never back plywood with balsa.

If you need help send me a PM and we can exchange phone numbers.

RCMC
Jun 09, 2019, 07:33 PM
I finally got my 79 Slick recover job done.
Jun 15, 2019, 09:35 AM
They Call him Dead!
Dang Greg, that's AWESOME!

Is that the original scheme, or did you change it? Like, did you have to paint the cowl?

Great Job.

Quick Reply