Jan 07, 2018, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SW
Some good adapter plate ideas here starting at post 2708

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...80-EXP/page181

just made some myself to put smaller servos in my Vyper.
Perfect thank you
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2018, 05:53 AM
If it has wings it will fly...
I've made these adaptors for my 74" 3dhs edge, I wanted to fit two midi servo instead of one full size.
Jan 08, 2018, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth
I've made these adaptors for my 74" 3dhs edge, I wanted to fit two midi servo instead of one full size.
Did you just epoxy the adapters in place?
Jan 08, 2018, 07:05 AM
If it has wings it will fly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDominator700
wood glue and ca to tack them in place. i don't use epoxy much
Jan 09, 2018, 04:00 AM
Big Bushy with a STING (errrr)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDominator700
Just a medium ca for me too.
Jan 14, 2018, 06:45 PM
out to have fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth
May I ask why?
Jan 26, 2018, 05:24 PM

Vyper EXP

Well my new (old) Vyper is ready for flight. Haven't painted the cowl as I can't find a matching paint locally so it's still in White primer.

Called it a Vyper EXP as it's not quite stock. Lifted the tail for higher angle of attack when landing normally, did a push pull rudder with the servo in the tail and shortened the Fuselage length a little. I think I've captured the Vyper essence though so I'm really looking forward to the maiden. Looks weird under the canopy as all you can see is the main power pack and the rx. Looks really empty....

Set up:
Potenza 60 motor
Talon 90 Esc
FrSky V8 Rx
4 x Savox HV1250mg servos.
Revo and Purple Power 3700 mah 6s
Jan 26, 2018, 05:33 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Fantastic work my friend, good luck with the maiden. Don't forget to get video
Are you planning to seal the hinge gaps (or maybe it is already done with clear tape)?
Ronaldo
Jan 26, 2018, 08:10 PM
They Call him Dead!
Very New Chris. Cowl looks awesome !
Jan 27, 2018, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldopn
Fantastic work my friend, good luck with the maiden. Don't forget to get video
Are you planning to seal the hinge gaps (or maybe it is already done with clear tape)?
Ronaldo
Thanks Ronaldo
Video of a maiden is a must, just in case it doesn’t go well. haven’t sealed the hinge gaps. Gaps are pretty tight and from an experiment I did when I had 2 identical Ventiques with the way I fly I couldn’t actually tell the difference . Not sure what that says about my flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJacketsRC
Very New Chris. Cowl looks awesome !
Thanks YJ for you kind words.
Cowl just misses the undercut shape from the original but my mould making skills are not that great. Looks a bit better now as the vent around the motor has been cleaned up and a lower vent cut to cool the Esc. Now if only the weather would clear up. Has to be the wettest winter I can remember here for decades.
Jan 28, 2018, 03:03 PM

Vyper EXP lives

Successful maiden flight of my Vyper EXP. Weather was rubbish but the fog cleared for a short while so with a charged battery I scooted up the field.

No major trim changes, just a few clicks of trim. Inverted 45' upline test showed the CG to be spot on at the rear of the wing tube. Couldn't do much else but prove flight as the air was a bit turbulent but seems to fly very nicely. No nasty surprises and 2 easy landings.

Now all I have to do is fit a snazzy pair of pants (to the plane that is) and find a matching paint can for the cowl.

Maiden flight video below. Rubbish flying just before the fog closed in again but hey ho, any flying is better than none at all.

VIDEO0029 (9 min 11 sec)
Jan 28, 2018, 03:39 PM
out to have fun
Nice job chris looks like everything turned out great.
Jan 28, 2018, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbishw92
Nice job chris looks like everything turned out great.
Thanks.

It would be nice to get some better weather to really fly her properly but any maiden flight when the plane comes back in one piece is a good one.....
Jan 28, 2018, 05:25 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Congrats on the successful maiden, Chris!!!
Jan 28, 2018, 05:58 PM
Thanks Ronaldo.

I still can’t decide if it’s a new plane or a rebuilt one. My original wings and new everything else?

Quick Reply