Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by Herb, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 19, 2012, 01:30 PM
chillax! It's only a Hobby
cool
just order one of those retract
Latest blog entry: Hk cri cri
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2012, 04:56 AM
Lithium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmeano_from_MO View Post
Herb,

Follow up on my recent order from Nitro’s ....and I got it yesterday in great shape. .. Do you mind if I post my mods here on your build log or should I move on to the HK L-59 build forum?

Jeff
Hi Jeff , glad everything worked out in the end !

As I said it is a nice kit (esp. in view of the price) but the packaging leaves a lot to be desired.

We are looking forward to seeing lots of pics of your build here !
Oct 24, 2012, 01:43 PM
Hello from Voronezh, Russia
Flights of flight group Star Sky, year 2012
Star Sky 2012 (3 min 24 sec)
Oct 24, 2012, 07:18 PM
chillax! It's only a Hobby
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirVRN View Post
Hello from Voronezh, Russia
Flights of flight group Star Sky, year 2012
http://youtu.be/J8OtEoBXuxU
That's so cool
I wish i have more money and time to fly in a place like that
Good Job
Latest blog entry: Hk cri cri
Oct 24, 2012, 11:36 PM
Chillaxin dude!
very impressive video guys... well done!
Oct 25, 2012, 01:41 AM
Life's short - Enjoy!
Vladimir, that is just cool!
Fantastic vid, thanks
Oct 25, 2012, 04:27 AM
Banzai Institute
That's way cool my Russian friends. Good job

Dean
Oct 25, 2012, 05:10 AM
RAVI KOTHARI
Just Starting mine, Jet fan et all................
Last edited by ravikoth; Oct 25, 2012 at 05:16 AM.
Oct 25, 2012, 09:58 PM
Thank you!
Oct 25, 2012, 10:16 PM
THE STORY. It is flying the Star Sky, the year 2011.

Star Sky (6 min 52 sec)
Oct 28, 2012, 07:46 AM
hi guys. Just wanted to ask if i could use a freewing 1750 kv 6 blade setup? it runs on 6s and powered by 85 amp esc. It will be a starting setup for me till i am comfortable with fiber glass kits. I have researched on my setup and it gives anywhere between 2300-2500 grams of thrust. I had it on a freewing ef-2000 with an AUW of 2569 grams. It flew with very good authority and speed in the 70-80 mph range.
So i am guessing if this airframe is not too far in weight and is technically cleaner in drag, inclusive of the fact that it is a single duct(output) vs the eurofighter twin duct. One can assume performance should be on par or better.

In all cases! i intend to use this as a starting point and later moving to a better setup when i have the extra budget.

I would appreciate your feedback as i am close to pulling the trigger on one from nitroplanes or hobby king..

Thanks a bunch
Nov 03, 2012, 06:48 AM
I received my CMP L-39 today, well packed and undamaged

I noticed that my kit does not include the two pilots as displayed on
the box. Is that normal for this kit ?? Or am I simply missing them ?

Will add Herbīs gear-reinforcement first....
Nov 04, 2012, 05:59 AM
Lithium Member
Hi all, nice video

Loopsy, the CMP kits do not come with pilots. But the parkzone t-28 pilots work quite well and are rather inexpensive.

Nevertheless you need all the space you can get under the cockpit for batteries etc., so my pilots are removed before a flight.
Nov 04, 2012, 06:47 AM
Hi Herb

I will probably remove the whole battery tray, my 6S-5000s barely go below the horizontal bar once velcro is fitted to the tray....removing them is a hassle especially.

Instead I will epoxy a velcro directly to the bottom of the fuselage and win 2 cm....pilots is a "must have" in an airplane, isn't it ?

Ripped off the original plywood in the nose wheel bay, was hardly glued in at all.
Will install an eFlite 25-46 and make a scratch-build plywood plate for the retracts and the steering servo which I then epoxy into the wheelwell.

First thing however is the modification/reinforcement of the main landing gear area.....will exactly copy your approach. Donīt have "hysol" though here in Europe so I guess I will have
to go with normal 30min epoxy....or something else you would recommend ??

Oli
Nov 11, 2012, 02:05 AM
Lithium Member
Hi Oli,

Yes you can remove the whole battery tray to set the battery lower ...

Nevertheless I think the whole plywood structure makes the nose more rigid, and prevents the chinese gelcoat from cracking.

I had no problem with the nosegear mount, it held up well. You are supposed to land on the mains. I did have a problem with my nosegear steering servo, it was too nice and small and I stripped the gears. Replaced with a bigger metal gear one.

Instead of hysol epoxy you can use other slow cure epoxy (endfest?) and even a 30 min one.