May 30, 2020, 07:20 PM
Thanks for all the info in this thread! 25.2 volts for my two ISDT Q8. Case is a little short so went with them in this flat configuration. Heavy duty servo tape holding together.
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2020, 07:50 PM
Use the 4S Luke
You can even wrap some packing or duct taps around the outside if you need.
I like the short leads too. Smart.
Sep 28, 2020, 06:36 AM

My DPS600 build

Just joined the forum so I could post up my 600PB build (and be able to come back to remind myself). Great resource for this.

My main use is charging batteries (AGM and LiFeP04). I have a lot of Anderson 50A plug appliances, so wanted that mounted nicely. I wanted to do the mod in as ‘non destructive’ way as possible, so I could revert back to debug.

Given I was planning to use this with expensive batteries, I did plan to modify the OVP circuit and add 3 diodes to the 12V sense circuit. When trying to bend up the pin on the chip it snapped off, so that was that.

Plan B - I used a 10K ohm log potentiometer to control voltage in the usual way, with a 130 ohm resistor in series to limit the maximum voltage to 14.6V. I tried a 1K pot, but the low voltage was only 12.8V. I might have to play with the pot on the board to reduce voltage slightly.

I did all the start mods to a blank IDC pin header, and then plugged into the ribbon cable. They are 2.0mm pitch (common computer IDC are 2.54mm). I mapped the stock square pinout to the IDC connector on the power outlet module. In summary, on the IDC ribbon cable connector, pins 1,2 and 10 were ground. To start the power supply, need to ground pin 4 and 5. To slow the fan need to ground pin 3. To adjust voltage connect the 5V output via a pot to pin 8.

I used a large blob of solder to short pins 1-4, connected a wire to the main ground post on the board. I used a microswitch at the front to switch pin 5 to ground to turn on / off the output, and added a cheap DVM I had laying around. Im waiting for a 50A DVM and shunt from aliexpress I hope to squeeze in under the fan.

The Anderson plug fits nicely in the space of the power outlet module. I clipped the -12V line short at the board, the 5V I used to drive the pot to PIN 7 on the IDC connector.

Really happy with this powersupply for the price and the package.

Photos of ome steps in the build, and Final product.
Last edited by drwormy; Sep 28, 2020 at 06:55 AM.
Sep 29, 2020, 10:51 AM
Fly planes, Be happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidewaysgts
Thanks for all the info in this thread! 25.2 volts for my two ISDT Q8. Case is a little short so went with them in this flat configuration. Heavy duty servo tape holding together.
Nice clean wiring with them mounted like that, looks great!

Quick Reply