This thread is privately moderated by coolgg, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 24, 2012, 09:35 PM
Trader Rating: 76
Thread OP
Wanted

Need an aircraft for beginners

I'm looking to buy an airplane that I can use to train some other people.

Plane should meet these requirements:
Type: Apperentice, cessna, piper cub, trainer or any parkflyer good for a beginner with lots of prior simulator experience. No v-tails.
Wingspan: Anywhere in the range 25-60 inches
Airframe construction: Foam (No balsa or wooden airframes please)
Motor: Electric brushless only
Completion level (in order of preference): PNP, BNF or RTF
Battery: I prefer a plane that uses Lipo batteries as opposed to Nimh or something else. But I maybe flexible on this.
Channels: Basic 4 minimum
Condition: Very good
Price: Maximum 110$
Shipping/pickup: Shipping at seller's expense or available for local pickup in south bay, CA.

Please PM me with what you have.
Last edited by coolgg; Jan 25, 2012 at 12:32 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2012, 10:38 PM
Trader Rating: 0
How about Techone Funfly trainer? Its only $99.95 and they have free shipping on a min. of $100 order.
I'm one of theirs satisfied customer
Jan 24, 2012, 10:43 PM
Trader Rating: 0
was about to post a link to my sale for a nitro plane but then i read the post XD
Jan 24, 2012, 10:52 PM
Thread OP
Its only a 3ch, I want a 4ch...

I prefer an aircraft that the learner wouldnt want to get rid off after a few flights. Something he would be willing to fly even later. In other words, I want something I can sneak out and fly too sometimes

Thats why a 4ch minimum and something of 'relatively good quality' - eflite or parkzone for example...

Quote:
Originally Posted by am534615
How about Techone Funfly trainer? Its only $99.95 and they have free shipping on a min. of $100 order.
I'm one of theirs satisfied customer
Jan 24, 2012, 11:05 PM
Trader Rating: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgg
Its only a 3ch, I want a 4ch...

I prefer an aircraft that the learner wouldnt want to get rid off after a few flights. Something he would be willing to fly even later. In other words, I want something I can sneak out and fly too sometimes

Thats why a 4ch minimum and something of 'relatively good quality' - eflite or parkzone for example...
I am not sure if this will fit the bill, but I have a Hobbico FlyZone Cessna 182 EP 2.4GHz RTF.......and it is priced well. Comes with everything you need to fly except for a calm day. It has a few flights on it and can easily be upgraded when the new pilot is ready. I would like to get $75 for and whatever the actual cost is for shipping.....shouldnt be too much as the plane compacts nicely. 2.4 radio gear included. Glow plug wrench not included......

If you are interested, I can take some quick pics to show you. I may have a few others, but I have to take inventory and see whats what out there in the hangar.

If we dont hook up, best of luck training your bud.

Vince
Jan 24, 2012, 11:16 PM
Thread OP
Replied by PM.
Jan 24, 2012, 11:38 PM
Trader Rating: 67

Pics As Requested

Here are a couple of pics...the first is the 182 we talked about....the second is not really classified as a trainer, but if you are going to buddy box and looking for a plane to keep yourself busy when you bud is not flying, consider the T-28. If you have flown a decent T-28, you may agree that it can teach someone how to fly without much trouble....buddy-box assumed.

The 182 has it's tail off for storage. In perfect shape otherwise. Cell phone pics....sorry about the quality.

Good advice on some of the other planes listed above......I am flying a Radian Pro and absolutely love it.....and I have had others fly it with my watchful eye over them....over the weekend, a 9 year old kid who couldnt get his sharper image plane heavyweight off the ground was wiping away the tears while flying the Radian.

V

Jan 25, 2012, 01:51 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for the excellent suggestions everyone. Yes I am going to buddy-box. Btw, I have a dx7 for myself. Which is a good/cheap radio that can be buddy boxed with it?

Looks like I'm probably going to go with the used t28 or one of those hobby king planes...
Jan 25, 2012, 11:16 AM
Trader Rating: 9
Ultimatehobby.com, located in the City of Orange, Ca. has the T-28 Mentor for $29.99. It comes with outrunner motor. Just need servos (3), rx, tx. and 2s or 3s lipo.

My Mentor is my warm-up plane at the field.

Cheap tx for buddy box - DX6.
Feb 02, 2012, 08:00 PM
Trader Rating: 4
Suspended Account
may be a lil to late but to answer your question of is it a 3 or 4 look at the wing. those are cuts airlons on themm

Quick Reply