Thread Tools
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:13 PM
dennisjm is offline
Find More Posts by dennisjm
Proud RC Addict
So speaking of jets... I am really interested in getting something one of these days. My little F16 just isn't doing it for me. What I'd like is something that can fly fairly fast but more importantly I'd like something very scale. I don't mind spending some time putting it together but I'm not sure I want a two year project.

Any thoughts? Searching around just doesn't seem to be yielding the right thing.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 06:10 PM
swps is offline
Find More Posts by swps
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
swps's Avatar
Try a Smart Model 100mm Hawk, great price super light and can be a 100mm or a 90mm. $430 shipped to the us.
http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...2&third_id=226
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:57 AM
denial15 is offline
Find More Posts by denial15
swede
denial15's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulicheng View Post
So speaking of jets... I am really interested in getting something one of these days. My little F16 just isn't doing it for me. What I'd like is something that can fly fairly fast but more importantly I'd like something very scale. I don't mind spending some time putting it together but I'm not sure I want a two year project.

Any thoughts? Searching around just doesn't seem to be yielding the right thing.

Here you go.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:56 PM
dennisjm is offline
Find More Posts by dennisjm
Proud RC Addict
Haven't moved the executive jet yet eh?

The Hawk is actually more along the lines of what I'm looking for. I like the military SM-03 picture. It looks like from the various pictures and list of things included that there would still be quite a bit of gear to get before you're ready to fly. I didn't see references to the scale cockpit and landing gear/retracts for instance. Have you built one of those Aaron?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:21 PM
denial15 is offline
Find More Posts by denial15
swede
denial15's Avatar
Nope. I guess I'll have to reduce the price......again.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:58 PM
dennisjm is offline
Find More Posts by dennisjm
Proud RC Addict
Yeah a number of months ago I listed my F16. No inquiries even. So I just decided to fly it until I decide to have a paintball event with the scouts or something.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:04 PM
denial15 is offline
Find More Posts by denial15
swede
denial15's Avatar
This is way too nice to paintball. I just have too many planes. I need a radio that will fit them all.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:22 PM
dennisjm is offline
Find More Posts by dennisjm
Proud RC Addict
I figure there is an end to every plane. Some last longer than others. Just once I'm going to have a real spectacular end to a plane. (Not a big crash). Like shot gun, paintbal or something.

Actually, I'd bet money nobody can hit that jet with a paintball gun. it isn't that fast, but still, it isn't slow either.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:33 AM
swps is offline
Find More Posts by swps
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
swps's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulicheng View Post
The Hawk is actually more along the lines of what I'm looking for. I like the military SM-03 picture. It looks like from the various pictures and list of things included that there would still be quite a bit of gear to get before you're ready to fly. I didn't see references to the scale cockpit and landing gear/retracts for instance. Have you built one of those Aaron?

I haven't built one, it was just released by Kin at Smartmodel. You'd need a power system, servos and retracts of your choice....pretty typical for a fiberglass EDF. Here is the tread on it, look at the later pages for better specs. He is also coming out with a complete composite version, but the wings are interchangeable so you can get the current version and upgrade later if you like. For the size of the plane it's an excellent price but no one has flown one yet so who knows how it will be. I'm not in the market for a hawk, I just got an RC Lander Hawk.....which is a LOT less money but foam.

Another one that's been getting good review is the HK L-59. $180 it's less money and sounds like a good flier according to the thread.. Retracts are only $108 with struts, plus a power system....I've been thinking a Jetfan-90 with a HET 700-68-1500kv on 8s with an ICE 100, pulls 90 Amps and puts out 3.8kg of thrust and will sound awesome! I think it's a good looking plane and find myself wanting to hit the "add to cart" button.

Aaron
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:34 AM
dennisjm is offline
Find More Posts by dennisjm
Proud RC Addict
I'm really tempted actually to go all the way and buy a yellow aircraft kit.
http://www.yellowaircraft.com/jets/f16.htm

I built so many models of jets growing up (and even one within the last few years) that it just irks me not to have them look like the real thing. I have this urge to get the same detail level out of an rc model that I got out of all the plastic models I built . Maybe unrealistic expectation..
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:11 PM
rus55ros is offline
Find More Posts by rus55ros
Registered User
rus55ros's Avatar

UVA member invite


I just sent out an email with this link to all the UVA members. We talked about this forum at our last meeting and some members had no knowledge of it. We'll see if getting the word out (again) helps kick start the club members into using this forum more often.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:03 PM
dennisjm is offline
Find More Posts by dennisjm
Proud RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by rus55ros View Post
I just sent out an email with this link to all the UVA members. We talked about this forum at our last meeting and some members had no knowledge of it. We'll see if getting the word out (again) helps kick start the club members into using this forum more often.
Could the UVA website be updated with a link to the forum?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:04 PM
rus55ros is offline
Find More Posts by rus55ros
Registered User
rus55ros's Avatar
That would be nice, but I'm not sure of the answer. Maybe our webmaster, MIchael W. could comment.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:13 PM
dennisjm is offline
Find More Posts by dennisjm
Proud RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by rus55ros View Post
That would be nice, but I'm not sure of the answer. Maybe our webmaster, MIchael W. could comment.
I didn't actually get your email by the way. I just saw your post here. I've got other bulk emails recently though.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:57 PM
the_walrus is offline
Find More Posts by the_walrus
Registered User
I got the email with the link.

Justin


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Valley Hobbies in Prescott Valley, AZ mhunter Hobby Stores 1 Feb 15, 2012 10:38 AM
Gallery Deer Valley, Park City Utah seerspaz Aerial Photography 7 Oct 07, 2008 05:17 PM
Fly-In Hoosick Valley Aeromodelers Electric Fun Fly July 7th FASTALJR Electric Flight Events 1 Jul 05, 2007 04:50 PM
Yakima Valley Aeromodelers? ScottChase Electric Plane Talk 3 Feb 07, 2002 01:54 AM