Jul 20, 2012, 12:14 PM
RCG Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE
Ok...guess i need to brush up on my servos then!! Haha...so what would you suggest i use then? The one i have now seems to work ok..but if i should be using a bigger servo, then i would like to make sure i am using the correct equipment
The one you have should work just fine, just needed to make the shim to mount it. I'm using a new MG digital servo from eRC that we're testing to add to the eRC Servo line.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2012, 12:30 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone
The one you have should work just fine, just needed to make the shim to mount it. I'm using a new MG digital servo from eRC that we're testing to add to the eRC Servo line.
yeah it actually seems to work pretty well...i used part of the servo box lid to mount it!! haha...it was just annoying cause i thought it would work without having to rig something up.
Jul 20, 2012, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teramax
Btw. the nick servo seems a little to slow, thougt.
But had no time til yet to test with a camera.
Of course to get a little more speed from your servo, you can power it with 6v, or some servos even accept 7.4V!

I recently ordered this servo from HobbyKing. It seems pretty fast (0.08 secs to rotate 60-degrees when powered with 6v!) and plenty powerful (6.4kg-cm or 89 oz-in of torque when powered with 6v). Now we must find out if it will do ANYWHERE near the specs it claims it will do!

I do have a question about my TwoDeeV2: I see that in order to host a Sony NEX5, the roll servo must be mounted "upside down". Is there any disadvantage to installing the servo upside down? That is, if I do not plan on using an NEX5, am I better off mounting the servo "right side up"?
Jul 21, 2012, 01:43 PM
Today i was Ozan's workshop for our new GoPro 1/4" 3/8" Tripod Bracket production. And take some G.O. gimbal photos for my archive.
I know he is a good manufacturer but not a good advertiser

If you want to see closer shots of the G.O. just ask me i have alot of photos

Jul 21, 2012, 04:54 PM
Give us ALL of them

Thanks!
Jul 21, 2012, 11:51 PM
Well I almost have my GO finished, just need to sand a few parts down on the lower assembly / gear so they won't bind.

I did run into a couple of problems, most of which I was able to fix on my own except for one. That one is the same that happened to teramax, I am short 2 of the mounts that hold the camera tray onto the boom. I might have to figure out a way to make it work temporarily as I have a fairly big job coming up where I will be shooting aerial photos and video and I don't know if Ozan will be able to get me those parts in time.

Most the other issues were fairly easy fixes (as long as you have a supply of spacers / washer on hand, and basic tools like a drill and file) similar to what Teramax posted on the last page, such as shimming the upper assembly (I actually had to shim both the center post and the 2 outer screws / spacers) and sanding down / shimming the lower part where the gear and bearing meet. I also had to add about 4" to the potentiometer wires as it wouldn't reach all the way around to the other side.

I'm not thrilled about some of the assembly issues (the manual is decent though could use more detail) but the gimbal looks like it is pretty well made so I think it will be worth it in the end. From my research there aren't many good quality, affordable gimbals available that also work well so I'm willing to accept some finishing work being needed since this doesn't cost a small fortune to buy.
Jul 22, 2012, 04:51 AM
Musician-Designer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchase
Well I almost have my GO finished, just need to sand a few parts down on the lower assembly / gear so they won't bind.

I did run into a couple of problems, most of which I was able to fix on my own except for one. That one is the same that happened to teramax, I am short 2 of the mounts that hold the camera tray onto the boom. I might have to figure out a way to make it work temporarily as I have a fairly big job coming up where I will be shooting aerial photos and video and I don't know if Ozan will be able to get me those parts in time.

Most the other issues were fairly easy fixes (as long as you have a supply of spacers / washer on hand, and basic tools like a drill and file) similar to what Teramax posted on the last page, such as shimming the upper assembly (I actually had to shim both the center post and the 2 outer screws / spacers) and sanding down / shimming the lower part where the gear and bearing meet. I also had to add about 4" to the potentiometer wires as it wouldn't reach all the way around to the other side.

I'm not thrilled about some of the assembly issues (the manual is decent though could use more detail) but the gimbal looks like it is pretty well made so I think it will be worth it in the end. From my research there aren't many good quality, affordable gimbals available that also work well so I'm willing to accept some finishing work being needed since this doesn't cost a small fortune to buy.
Hi Matt,
I m sorry, I think counted wrong first products holder parts.they are on the way monday morning.I will send them with an envelope,they will be in your hands as soon as.
best regards
Ozan
Jul 22, 2012, 10:00 AM
Thanks Ozan!
Jul 22, 2012, 12:57 PM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!

Adjusting the TwoDee v2 ???

Need some help here because I cannot get the roll to run smoothly It's rubbing like if the the arch is not straight. Also I had to put some washers/spacers between the metal standoff and the bearings because it rubbing to much on the arch and can't run smoothly but now there is too much play in the assembly.

Another problem I have is that one white standoff is hitting the roll servo's gear preventing again from smooth operation...
Last edited by saucisse; Jul 22, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
Jul 22, 2012, 02:29 PM
saucisse
You can slightly slot the hole and move the standoff away a little to cure that problem. Slight rubbing is ok but yours like a little to much do not shim anymore than you have to. Then use locktiite and than tighten the bolt to get the right feel a very slight drag but no heavy drag. The bolt does not have to been totally tightened down adjust the tightness to get the right feel. If you are using the nylon screws you may consider using longer stainless screws on all the bearings shafts it locks into the nylon better and there is more threads holding so once you get it adjusted it says put. Then you just check it ever so often to make sure all is well. That should help the problems out.

Michael64
Jul 22, 2012, 03:01 PM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
Thanks Michael64 for the tip about slotting the holes for the standoff, didn't thought about it and it did solved the problem.

As for the rubbing, I did solved the problem also, slacked all the nuts so the arch could ''take'' its shape back and then put some Loctite and screw all the nuts back evenly so no ''warping'' occurs.
Jul 22, 2012, 04:58 PM
No problem glad to help and glad you got it worked out.

Michael64
Jul 23, 2012, 05:17 PM
sorry, my english is bad
Itīs alive
Needs some WKM Gimbal Control tuning but i am happy so far.

New stronger Fram, new motors are on the way.

G.O. Camera Gimbal first test with Sony HDR-CX730 (2 min 47 sec)
Jul 23, 2012, 06:02 PM
Awesome!
Very nice setup.
Just ordered one yesterday, great result.
Where did you get those props? They look expensively well balanced..

p.s
Like your dog!
Jul 23, 2012, 08:25 PM
Nice. Was there any reason you have the lower arm mounted facing forward instead of hanging straight down? Does that put your camera in a more balanced position? Also, how did you mount it to your hex frame? I haven't had the chance to figure that out yet for mine, and I am probably going to need to get taller landing gear too.

I have mine built besides the one missing part, and I still need to switch out my RX on my hexa and figure out how to wire it up to work with S.Bus so that I still have 2 channels free for controlling the gimbal. I know it's been done, just haven't done it myself. I'm actually flying tomorrow morning to test things out for a client who wants to do a fair amount of aerial video over the next week, so will have to stick with my current setup for that job which works ok but isn't stabilized.

Quick Reply