This thread is privately moderated by Jim.Thompson, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 24, 2012, 02:42 AM
Entropy is happening!
Thread OP
Discussion

Moulded Wompoo progress.

I have cut the foam cores for the wing plugs. The cores are in 5 panels with one panel parrallel for the centre section. The plan is to glue ply or fibreglass laminate ribs to each end of this centre section and to the mating ends of the wings prior to joining. A piece of wing joiner tube will be in place also, embedded in the foam cores so that joiner rods can be inserted in the finished plugs to set up the mould accurately. I will glue them together with a thin cardboard spacer so that they can be easily and accurately cut apart with a thin kerf hacksaw after the complete wing is fibreglassed and vac bagged.
The joiner rods then become the alignment jig for the final wing and fuselage tubes.

I am about to layup a fuselage out of the old mould to build on to make the final plug. The centre section (above) has to be incorporated with their tubes etc. The "V" tail joiners have to be included in the plug. Then a "final" mould will be made from that.

The challenge as I see it, is the "V" tail joiners........

More soon.

Jim.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply