My FlameWheel 450 Quad - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jan 23, 2012, 08:47 PM
Registered User
sharonx's Avatar
Question

My FlameWheel 450 Quad


Hi guys.
Working on the 450 Quad frame.
Build log to come.
Will start with MWII - then maybe try the DJI

Sharon
Last edited by sharonx; Jan 26, 2012 at 02:22 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2012, 05:20 AM
Registered User
One of the cleanest, tidiest and "I want one" installation I have ever seen
Jan 24, 2012, 10:30 AM
Registered User
sharonx's Avatar
Thanks.
Last edited by sharonx; Jan 26, 2012 at 02:16 AM.
Jan 24, 2012, 02:06 PM
Registered User
lrrps's Avatar
Very tidy installation, what motors and ESCs do you use and do you have an external UBEC?
Jan 24, 2012, 07:09 PM
Registered User
sharonx's Avatar
Avroto 2217 800kv motors, APC balanced props, 18A PLUSH esc's, no bec - just the DJI power module (does bec and more).

Testflight went GREAT. All is working excellent. GPS position good, but had trouble some times in the ~10m radius play. Could it be that it was very cloudy (almost rain) night ? Does it affect GPS ?
Last edited by sharonx; Jan 26, 2012 at 02:19 AM.
Jan 24, 2012, 11:24 PM
Registered User
Very nice build!! "just hit add to cart" - that was funny. What does "10m radius play" mean? 10 miles, meters?
Jan 24, 2012, 11:57 PM
Registered User
lrrps's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonx
Avroto 2217 800kv motors, APC balanced props, 18A PLUSH esc's, no bec - just the DJI power module (does bec and more).

Testflight went GREAT. All is working excellent. GPS position good, but had trouble some times in the ~10m radius play. Could it be that it was very cloudy (almost rain) night ? Does it affect GPS ?
Thanks for the input, I'm waiting for my X650 to arrive but it won't be here before the end of next week because of the chinese new year holiday.
Since I want the Wookong on it, I've ordered a barebone X650 with only the motors, propellers & ESCs.
As the ESCs are not compatible with the Wookong module, I ordered 4 Turnigy 18A Plush to replace them, hope they are rated for the motors that come with the X650.
I got my quad here: http://www.myrcmodel.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=2427
Jan 25, 2012, 01:53 AM
Registered User
sharonx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aWanderer
Very nice build!! "just hit add to cart" - that was funny. What does "10m radius play" mean? 10 miles, meters?
10m radius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrps
Thanks for the input, I'm waiting for my X650 to arrive but it won't be here before the end of next week because of the chinese new year holiday.
Since I want the Wookong on it, I've ordered a barebone X650 with only the motors, propellers & ESCs.
As the ESCs are not compatible with the Wookong module, I ordered 4 Turnigy 18A Plush to replace them, hope they are rated for the motors that come with the X650.
I got my quad here: http://www.myrcmodel.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=2427
Good luck - post pics when it is assembled.
Jan 25, 2012, 01:55 AM
Registered User
lrrps's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonx
10m radius.


Good luck - post pics when it is assembled.
Will do.
Jan 25, 2012, 06:50 AM
Registered User
lrrps's Avatar
Look what I just receive.
I got this deal for 849 euros shipped.



Shall I start the built now or wait at least one more week for the X650 frame?
Jan 25, 2012, 07:15 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by aWanderer
Very nice build!! "just hit add to cart" - that was funny. What does "10m radius play" mean? 10 miles, meters?
10 meters!

I have no issue with "add to cart", I do it all the time
It's the annoying thing that comes after that.
Jan 25, 2012, 11:19 AM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Steph280's Avatar
me too. The spanking by the wife...
Jan 25, 2012, 11:37 AM
Registered User
Everyone here have a same prob.
Jan 25, 2012, 11:46 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrps
Shall I start the built now or wait at least one more week for the X650 frame?
If you got the ESC's, motors and props in the Flame wheel kit, I would start now.
Jan 25, 2012, 11:57 AM
Registered User
lrrps's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC
If you got the ESC's, motors and props in the Flame wheel kit, I would start now.
I don't have any of the above.
Do you program your quad as a heli or as an airplane?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product DJI WooKong-M Autopilot System for multirotors **Owners Thread** DJI INNOVATIONS Multirotor Drone Electronics 20305 Today 12:48 AM
Cool Karbonic-XXL 50CM DJI WooKong-M frame superdave42 Multirotor Drone Talk 12 Mar 09, 2012 11:01 AM
Sold DJI F450 flamewheel quad frame kauaicuda Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 2 Dec 14, 2011 07:33 PM
New Product DJI WooKong-M View and WooKong-M Click&Go copteryx Multirotor Drone Talk 3 Nov 23, 2011 12:13 AM
Discussion DJI-M controller on x650 Frame (build up) stilv Multirotor Drone Talk 16 Sep 30, 2011 05:24 PM