Jan 23, 2012, 03:31 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

FlySky/Turnigy RF9X A7105 transmitter module RSSI

Noticed the TX module has the same A7105 transmitter chip as the RX has. I just completed the rssi mod on my RX for OSD purposes and while looking at the chip in my spare module I'll be adding an SMA connector to, I noticed it also has the A7105 chip with an RSSI out. If I tap into that output would it be of any good use? I'm wondering if it would give off about the same values as the RX rssi. (I know this is a non telemetry setup)

This idea has been on my mind all day, just looking for some input.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2012, 04:40 AM
AFAIK non-telemetry Tx listens only just after power-on while searching for clean channels. So this is an only moment it could generate usable RSSI. Theoretically the maximum value could give a brief info about existing of nearby TX'es. It could be even possible to sample RSSI with ADC and display a band usage diagram on the graphic LCD. I know, it's an overkill .

Quick Reply