Feb 15, 2012, 02:00 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman
A "W" prop will pull BUNCHES more (thats a technical term)
Yep. all those "W" and slow fly props pull an extra 25%-60% amps...depending on KV of motor.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2012, 02:44 PM
Thanks guys, never ran a "W" before...
I'll probably test a few different 13"-14" and see which works best... I don't have a tach tho, just a watt meter.

Here is my setup...
Powerup 32 (800kv)
Exceed 60a opto
5a BEC
2 HK 51g? MG for tail
2 39g TP 5010 for ailerons
2 X 3S 2200mAH in parallel
Orange RX with sat
Better landing gear and big 4.5"-5" wheels...(not ordered yet)

RCallday, I would do that for ya, but I don't have a scanner...
I could get you some pics with a ruler in the background if that would help... that is, IF my cub comes with a windshield!
Feb 15, 2012, 02:50 PM
inverted-i-fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong
All,

I'm the guy with the missing windshield. I've put in a support request at HK, but they're kinda giving me the runaround. Can someone that haven't put their windshield on yet help me do a trace of the windshield on paper and scan it and send to me. I have a buddy that has this cub, but I won't be able to get up there for another month or so and he does not have a scanner. If someone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Pls PM me for my personal email...

rcalldaylong
I don't have a scanner either, plus my windshield is installed, but have you contacted parkflyerplastic, maybe they could make it for you
Feb 15, 2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janole
I don't have a scanner either, plus my windshield is installed, but have you contacted parkflyerplastic, maybe they could make it for you
Thanks. if I can just get a template of it, it's pretty easy to make. I've already bought a sheet of PETG so it's just a matter of cutting and bending it to shape.

rcalldaylong
Feb 15, 2012, 06:24 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
Quote:
Yep. all those "W" and slow fly props pull an extra 25%-60% amps...depending on KV of motor.
There is a PLF chart (Prop Load Factor) in the TwisTaholics tips thread. I thought it had the variable for a "W"ide prop but im not finding it. Sounds like your offering "real world" numbers so thats cool. I remember it being a rather massive amount as you have stated. Seems like they were in the 45% range (like you said)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper82
......... just a watt meter.
Yeppers...just watch those electrons
Feb 15, 2012, 06:56 PM
Well I finally did it and ordered one, how could I not, I kept on just waiting, and waiting for it rto sell out so I would have an excuse not to buy one, but it never did....
Feb 15, 2012, 07:24 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
That 37.54 shipping just kills me. They offer a UPS rate at 18 bucks but it goes away when I complete checkout.
Feb 15, 2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
That 37.54 shipping just kills me. They offer a UPS rate at 18 bucks but it goes away when I complete checkout.
if you can get someone local to buy one and piggy back on shipping, total shipping for 2 planes is only $2 more.
Feb 15, 2012, 07:27 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Just buy 2 then it's only $20.00 each !
Feb 15, 2012, 07:40 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
Quote:
if you can get someone local to buy one and piggy back on shipping, total shipping for 2 planes is only $2 more.
Lol...I am THE local (Song....Im my own LHS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Just buy 2 then it's only $20.00 each !
True...better...22 and change (sigh)
Feb 15, 2012, 07:49 PM
I don't understand their shipping either. Someone in CA was quoted $35.00 to ship it and to me in PA it was $38.00 ! Give a little here make a little there I guess.
Feb 15, 2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
There is a PLF chart (Prop Load Factor) in the TwisTaholics tips thread. I thought it had the variable for a "W"ide prop but im not finding it. Sounds like your offering "real world" numbers so thats cool. I remember it being a rather massive amount as you have stated. Seems like they were in the 45% range (like you said)

Yeppers...just watch those electrons
I run some of the "W" props and they do pull. I was told the 3D fliers like them. I'm not good enough at 3D yet to really notice
Feb 15, 2012, 08:00 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
I run some of the "W" props and they do pull. I was told the 3D fliers like them. I'm not good enough at 3D yet to really notice
Yep, combined with todays massive control surfaces, thats what makes it all happen.

....and remember if you do fly one, its like being in first gear! Pulls great but when you let off its like slammin on the brakes
Feb 15, 2012, 09:08 PM
I run a 20 "W" on my Sukhoi and yes it's exactly like coming in with full flaps and spoilers when you cut power!
Feb 15, 2012, 10:34 PM
FLYING Better Than Drugs
Well Both of mine showed up to day, open both boxes and check the contents, and the only damage is one of the cowlings has a crack in it. But it is an easy fix.The motor I wanted to use is going to throw off the CG realy bad so I'll be using a Eflite power 32. Over all I would say the kit is well put together and worth the money, and if it flies as good as it looks then I'm glad that I bought Two of them.

Bob

Quick Reply