Jan 22, 2012, 07:23 PM
29 rods from you in western WI
Thread OP
Discussion

first video flight of the new year

Friday's wind forecast was favorable, and I was able to duck out of work early, so I rushed home and and got the batteries charging on the Easy Star and GoPro. I had maybe a half hour before sunset, but managed to get out and fly through some light snow flurries, including a takeoff from the snow.

Snowy Afternoon (4 min 14 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2012, 07:53 PM
I fly with my little eye
Very mellow Karl, steady and smooth. Spiral dive was great...had to back up and watch it again. loved the vibes
Jan 22, 2012, 08:02 PM
29 rods from you in western WI
Thread OP
Thanks! I don't remember that dive being quite so steep until I reviewed it later.

The Easy Star is hard to dive, as the positive incidence makes it hard to fight the nose-up tendency. It does make it easy to settle into a stable glide when it's high enough to be hard to deduce pitch trim.
Jan 25, 2012, 11:00 AM

More info wanted

Neat video

We saw it here at the River Falls Journal and would like to get some more information from you -- possibly enough to write a small story.

You can contact me at [email protected]

Quick Reply