Jan 18, 2017, 10:45 AM
warming my hands wont do it for me. I fly for enjoyment, and when I am out in the cold, I do not enjoy myself, so winter and flying do not add up for me at all. Oh Well, I keep myself busy building, flying the sims, and now flying the Tony Whoops all over the house. I get lucky every once in a while and the wife gets a little, well how should I say it, showy as I fly by her. LOL
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2017, 05:49 PM
Non Fragosus
Was warm enough outside today and light winds, so I flew the 32" Crack Yak. All I was doing was practicing trying to hover. I am still pretty bad at it but getting better.

Jack
Feb 12, 2017, 06:21 PM
My fav plane is the 32" crack yak. After 2 years it's still my go to. I've never had a plane this long that didn't get boring. I don't use a sim so it takes me a long time to learn new things. Wait til you start doing rolling circles. It just keeps growing with you.

I just don't fly it in the wind is all. 39" EPP is better in wind.
Feb 12, 2017, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackcutrone
Was warm enough outside today and light winds, so I flew the 32" Crack Yak. All I was doing was practicing trying to hover. I am still pretty bad at it but getting better.

Jack
Thats about all I am doing this winter as well. If its warm enough for me and still I will take my CY or MXS out front in my yard, practice hover, then I have room to fly it around again to try again, and maybe I throw a loop or roll in while bring it round for next hover attempt. I am still much better at hovering in the sim.
Feb 20, 2017, 10:43 AM
Non Fragosus
Had this out the last couple of days practicing hover more. This isn't the best hover I did but it was the only video'ed. You have to promise not to laugh if you watch it. I am just learning.
Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak 32 - learning to hover - well sort of (0 min 47 sec)
Feb 20, 2017, 12:32 PM
<<<<I|I>>>>
That's about how we all started out with hovers

Looks like a nice field to fly at.
Feb 20, 2017, 10:29 PM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackcutrone
Had this out the last couple of days practicing hover more. This isn't the best hover I did but it was the only video'ed. You have to promise not to laugh if you watch it. I am just learning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwqGShEZUPs
Hi Jack
Keep it up that is the same way I learned it a couple of years ago. The Crack Yak is the way to go.
Feb 21, 2017, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoam
that's about how we all started out with hovers

looks like a nice field to fly at.
+500
Feb 26, 2017, 05:22 PM
Non Fragosus
Thanks for the encourgagement guys.

Jack
Jul 12, 2017, 10:51 PM
noob RC
Any suggestions on typical Spektrum receiver thats good to use for the Crack Yak 32 (w power combo)? Plain old AR610 will do? Or do I need a micro receiver? Using a DX9. Sorry for such a noob question, its my first build
Jul 12, 2017, 11:28 PM
TEAM TWISTED!
https://twistedhobbys.com/receiver-m...jr-compatible/

This is what I use on all of my TH planes, very nice rx's an super cheap
Jul 13, 2017, 12:07 AM
TEAM TWISTED
and light-weight too. I think they are about 4g
Jul 13, 2017, 05:23 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
I use whatever cheap Orange or slightly less cheap Lemon 4, 5 or 6 channel I can get hold of at the time. I remove the cases from Orange RXs to save weight.
Jul 13, 2017, 08:10 AM
noob RC
oh duh - figures I missed that when ordering. I don't have any of the orange or lemon ones lying around but had a Spektrum AR610 but they are a bit bulky .

Really looking forward to finishing this one!
Last edited by kneel23; Jul 13, 2017 at 08:23 AM.
Jul 13, 2017, 09:00 AM
TEAM TWISTED!
I think I've used the Ar610 in a TH plane that I built for a friend, it worked fine, so if you already have one I would just use that. Just a little troubling getting that long wire to not dangle down

Can't wait to hear your experience on your first TH plane, I'm sure you are going to love it!

Quick Reply