Oct 09, 2012, 09:40 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Nice one jimbo! Flying in the wind does have it's perks (flying backwards harriers, sliding torque rolls etc). Though I'm not brave enough to fly in the gusty 25mph stuff. Chasing a plane that got away from ya isn't any fun.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2012, 09:46 AM
Slopeaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot
Nice one jimbo! Flying in the wind does have it's perks (flying backwards harriers, sliding torque rolls etc). Though I'm not brave enough to fly in the gusty 25mph stuff. Chasing a plane that got away from ya isn't any fun.
That happened me a good few times in that vid. The only way to get it was to land it hastily way down wind and collect. But the wind is good for Harrier/the stir practice. The rudder loose didn't help either. She's pored back in now ready for this evening if I get a spare 30.
Oct 09, 2012, 11:25 AM
Slopeaholic
from a few days ago on youtube now- if you missed it - very little wind this time

Twisted Hobbies Crack Yak at Sunset (4 min 20 sec)
Oct 09, 2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320
More fun with my Swiss yak. Very windy.
Nice video Jimbo. I was going to ask you what cam it was but then I could see a dirty great go pro strapped to your noggin in your shadow at 40 seconds What's with the colours? just for effect?
Oct 09, 2012, 12:12 PM
Are most of you guys flying with the landing gear on or off?
Oct 09, 2012, 01:01 PM
Slopeaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly
Nice video Jimbo. I was going to ask you what cam it was but then I could see a dirty great go pro strapped to your noggin in your shadow at 40 seconds What's with the colours? just for effect?
Thats the normal sky colours down sarf...
Yes it's a go pro. I'm finding im outgrowing the cam, I need a 1080P 60FPS, the go pro will only 720 at 60 FPS or 1080 at 30.
My slim yak is showing signs of tiredness. Thinking starting to get broken. I was practising harriers tonight.
Oct 09, 2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR
Off. Saves time, weight and money.
Oct 09, 2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLAV8R
Off. Saves time, weight and money.
+1 less to break also
Oct 09, 2012, 02:54 PM
Slopeaholic

Stereo

I must be on Crack, im seeing double. Had an epic evening session with the CY, torque rolling and harriers.

Vid uploading, crack Yak in Stereo
Oct 09, 2012, 04:06 PM
Slopeaholic
Swiss Yak - Stereo (3 min 29 sec)
Oct 09, 2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbrew
I went to the LHS and picked up some brass tube that fits over the end of the motor. I cut about an 1/8" piece and put it in the prop hub and then on the motor. I use one HD prop band to hold the prop on. The only down side I can see is instead of chewing up the prop it will start to chew up the motor hub.
I wanted to say thanks and give you credit for your idea of using brass tubing as a spacer.

I've been using it for a while now, and it does a great job of keeping the prop centered on the hub. (8x4.3, 3s)
Did it on the Pitts some time ago, but hadn't gotten around to it on the Yak yet. Over the last couple of outings, I noticed the Yak was rattling a little at certain RPM. Looking at the prop, I could see a little dust from the vibes. (prop balance prior)
Put on a prop with the brass adapter, and now it's as quiet as the Pitts.

No signs of any wear on the motor hub after many flights with the adapter, so again thanks for the great idea that really helps to keep the prop centered.
Oct 09, 2012, 10:44 PM
Registered Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR
I am love taxing out the front door onto the strip/road wot and do a little wall, drop the power off a couple of feet up and straight into a dirty torque roll
Oct 10, 2012, 08:06 AM
Build em lite......
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320
Great special effects Jumbo. Well done. What editing software did you use?
Oct 10, 2012, 08:28 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Thank god the 70s and 80s is over or I'd be tripping thanks to jimbo's video. Though I thinnk Kris is!

Going get some yak flying in sometime, dunno when, but I will. A nice blue micro version would be nice to go with it's big brother. (hint hint Brad and gang) Like I really need another plane...laughing
Oct 10, 2012, 03:36 PM
Slopeaholic
I use Sony Vegas for editing.

Quick Reply