What do u guys think of this set up:
-TH 32" EPP Crack Yak-55 Gold
-3X HS-5055MG Economy Metal Gear Feather
-A10-9L Hacker Brushless 75W 1700k/V outrunner
-Phoenix-10 Brushless Motor Control
-Thunder Power 7.4v 350mAh 25C
-AR400 4-Channel DSMX Aircraft Receiver

thoughts?
My thoughts are the stock combo does the job with no guess work. Plus with the stock combo you can do 2s or 3s. Also these planes aren't going to need top notch everything. You can save a bunch of money if you just get an orange RX, gens ace batteries, and the stock power combo. Many people use this setup with no issues and if any issue does arise with the power combo twisted hobbys will take care of you
Last edited by hone1er; Jul 14, 2012 at 11:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 14, 2012, 11:20 AM
Got my Crack Yak up in the air today.. maiden.. and WOW.. I'm pretty new at this with rc planes.. got a HK EPP yak before.. great plane learning on.. but the CY.. wow.. its just great! Finally a plane that does what i want it to do, when i give it the stick input..very responsive and very accurate.. just flew 3 batteries, but i must say.. i'm really impressed with this foamie.. if i may say so.. I'm crack yak addicted
Jul 14, 2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer
You can use dual rates. Don't mess with the endpoints. You can tame down the rates with everything connected and the rx bound to the tx, and just keep turning the dial until you hit 40 degrees or whatever angle you desire. And assign it to a switch, (I frefer the triple switch) and you can have high rates (50deg) med(45 deg) and low rates (40 deg) or again whatever angle you want.
Why should I not adjust the endpoints? Not trying to argue, I just want to make sure I'm not going to damage the servos. I have my endpoint set as far as I could without the servos binding, is this bad?
Jul 14, 2012, 11:34 AM
Don't give in to gravity
If the weather holds up i'm going for some EA later
Jul 14, 2012, 12:06 PM
ward cleaver's boy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araya213
Why should I not adjust the endpoints? Not trying to argue, I just want to make sure I'm not going to damage the servos. I have my endpoint set as far as I could without the servos binding, is this bad?
Adjusting the endpoints is not bad. It's about the only way to get maximum throw without having to change the mechanics. "Live long and prosper".

the beave,
Jul 14, 2012, 12:06 PM
Slopeaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitycheat
If the weather holds up i'm going for some EA later
It's XA ...
Jul 14, 2012, 12:10 PM
ward cleaver's boy...
Maybe he was gonna play some Madden 2012......
Jul 14, 2012, 12:11 PM
Slopeaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly
That's a mighty big bird your building there Jimbo, wouldn't like to think what one of those might cost to get in the air. Takes some guts to go throwing one of those off the side of a hill.

Can't remember exactly which Hyperion motor it was you had on your first Crack Yak. Did you fly it with an eight or a nine inch prop on 2S?
Neither you, I or the Mrs want or need to know that cost.

But there is no bigger buzz in modeling that throwing a beast like that around on the slope (expect perhaps the same model with a jet turbine... But then there is no skill in that.. And I could never afford one anyway ... Luckily ...)

I'll check the motor. Do you think the slim yaks motor is not up to 3s power and will burn out?
Jul 14, 2012, 12:16 PM
Slopeaholic
This is what I have on the fat yak with an
8 gws prop( or did until I broke it ..., down to my last tuff prop ... It's holding up well ..)

http://robotbirds.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=1974
Jul 14, 2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
My thoughts are the stock combo does the job with no guess work. Plus with the stock combo you can do 2s or 3s. Also these planes aren't going to need top notch everything. You can save a bunch of money if you just get an orange RX, gens ace batteries, and the stock power combo. Many people use this setup with no issues and if any issue does arise with the power combo twisted hobbys will take care of you
the web site is out-of-stock on power combos so i was just wondering whatbwould work great
Jul 14, 2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the beave
Adjusting the endpoints is not bad. It's about the only way to get maximum throw without having to change the mechanics. "Live long and prosper".

the beave,
LOL, of course you'd say that, you're the guy that had me adjust the endpoints in the first place

BTW I'm letting some glue set right now, so today's flight might be a bit delayed.
Jul 14, 2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320
I showed my son the crack yak, after it finally stopped raining...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3i6mDfeOIE

Stoppd raining??!! In what realm are you in?!?! Wr havent had rain in 4 weeks!! 100 degree weather! Our lawn *HURTS* to walk barefoot in!
Jul 14, 2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer
Stoppd raining??!! In what realm are you in?!?! Wr havent had rain in 4 weeks!! 100 degree weather! Our lawn *HURTS* to walk barefoot in!
You can have some of ours if you like, its barely stopped raining for weeks

Mike
Jul 14, 2012, 03:10 PM
Slopeaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smart
You can have some of ours if you like, its barely stopped raining for weeks

Mike
We can be thankful we have computers and RC sims in the UK ...
Jul 14, 2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320
We can be thankful we have computers and RC sims in the UK ...
True, but its just not the real thing

Quick Reply