Jan 21, 2012, 12:21 PM
Thread OP
Question

Mounting Electronic speed control/ separation from RX

I have two questions.

1. Will use this VANTEC RET411p speed control in my AL Hellen. It has a heat sink on one side. It has no mounting hardware or any holes for screws or other mechanical attachments points. How do you mount this thing to keep it secure and in place? Looking at many threads here I believe one solution will be to us velcro. That causes me concern regarding heat build up, heating and melting the glue or combustion of the glue. I wish to mount this on a piece of thin plywood mounted vertical in the hull. Patmat did this on one of his ready to run toy rescues.

2. How far must the Receiver be from the speed control? If mounted on opposite side of vertical piece of ply wood from the speed control, is this far enough? Patmat did this on the same rescue. Does the plywood provide shielding for this type of mounting?

All help and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Phil
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2012, 01:28 PM
I just built a small box around mine from 1/4 inch hardwood to hold it in place.

Marc
Jan 21, 2012, 02:15 PM
Thread OP
Marc

Does your ESC just sit in the built up box and float free and unsecured?

Phil
Jan 21, 2012, 03:09 PM
KC8WPF
Velcro on the plastic box of the Vantec ESC has worked in my models of USCGC TAMAROA and USCGC ILLINI. I have about 4" separating the esc from the rx in the TAMAROA, and about 3" in the ILLINI.

Quick Reply