Jan 21, 2012, 10:53 AM
LAN
LAN
Thread OP
New Product

VersaTimer - new iPhone timer app, handy for RC, promo codes!

I recently released VersaTimer, a timer/stopwatch app for the iPhone/iPod/iPad. This is a general purpose timer, but since I am also a RC flyer I designed some of the features so that it would work for me when I'm out flying. I am hoping it might be useful also for other RC flyers.

For RC flyers, the ability to speak out loud the time left should be useful, and you can set different intervals so that it speaks less in the beginning of the cycle and more when you are close to the end of the cycle. You can also set the app to start/stop by shaking the device, so if you for example have your iPhone on a wristband, you can just shake it when you take off, no need to fiddle with the touch screen when you should keep your eyes on the plane.

Full information about the possibilities are available here:
http://www.vivendosoftware.com/?p=137

iTunes product page:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/versa...7241?mt=8&uo=4

The app normally costs $0.99. Now, if anyone wants to give it a go, here are some promo codes that will allow you to install it for free. I would appreciate if you take your time and write a review in Itunes if you use one of these codes (good or bad). Comments are also welcome in this thread.

FX4FREJNNFMY
ERFANNA46KT9
AFX7FFXTAE6F
MTPHPRM7HFPR
R9N49HKT9F3L
Last edited by LAN; Jan 27, 2012 at 03:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 26, 2013, 10:32 PM
I bought it just now, and like it. Very configurable!

Some feedback:
1)The setup screens have the timer 'wheels'. They do not, for some reason, have 'stops' when you scroll from number to number. The Apple ones do, this one allows you to stop in between two numbers.
2) Would have been nice if it SHOOK the device every time it announces or beeps, as a positive reinforcement.

ONE MAJOR BUG: When it reaches zero, i can stop it, reset it or whatever, but the timer remains at ZERO. (countdown). I would expect it to go back to the 8 min timer as I set it up, for another round. It just stays at zero even if I hit reset etc. Only way to fix is force quit and reopen. EDIT: Happens only if I shake to stop after the timer buzzes at zero...!

Thanks for the app, I find it useful.
Mar 30, 2013, 01:13 PM
LAN
LAN
Thread OP
Thx for the feedback! I will check on the things you reported for the next version. I also had some feedback by mail, and I will introduce a combined timer/stopwatch mode in the next release , i.e. once the timer reaches zero it will start to count up (useful for sailplane competitions).
Jan 31, 2015, 10:47 AM
LAN
LAN
Thread OP
The VersaTimer app has been upgraded to ver 1.2, with several improvements, some coming from suggestions from RC users! The app can now vibrate the device when it plays a sound (or vibrate only), and it now features a timer mode where the timer count upwards after reaching zero (useful for sailplane competitions). The bug mentioned above is also fixed, and it should now work fine on all the new iOS devices.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/versatimer/id493797241

Here are a few new promo codes, if you want to try it out for free:
KJPE49N946JF
WR6RTT7A4XX9
3HT39P7WMPYJ

If you like the app, please review it in the AppStore!

Quick Reply