This thread is privately moderated by nickelbn1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 21, 2012, 08:57 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Thread OP
Discussion

First Balsa Plane

Finally writing my first blog. I got my first Balsa wood plane a couple weeks ago. An Eflite Extra 260 3D 480. I am using the stock park 480 motor they call for with a 60A ESC I had laying around and a 1800mah 3 cell 40C battery. I have not been able to fly it yet because the weather is not cooperating at all. I hope to this weekend. I sure hope I dont crash it! I have been scared to buy balsa wood planes for that reason. This is my 9th plane. only 5 are still in service.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2012, 10:28 AM
Got the Slickness
You will love the world of balsa! Your plane history sounds similar to many. Just fly high until you are confortable with this plane and have an idea of its habits. If you are planning on flying it like a sport plane as well as 3D, use dual rates and use expo. Expo is your friend. Also, consider purchasing a 3DHS 47" SHP. It is the best flying airframe to build confidence.
Jan 21, 2012, 11:34 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Thread OP
thanks for the info. I know all about expo and dual rates. been using it for awhile. definitely helpful. I just found out about 3dhs, and plan on getting their 41" extra 540 one day if this plane ends up in pieces. maybe the 47" you are talking about once I get used to this one and get good at it. I have never come close to flying 3D yet, so that will take some time to learn yet.
Jan 21, 2012, 10:35 PM
Got the Slickness
Once you get a good 3D flyer like a 3DHS 47" SHP or the 48" Edge, you will love it! We all were once without 3D experience.

Enjoy your model. Hopefully it flys as well as it does on Real Flight!
Jul 19, 2018, 01:34 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
Beautiful plane, balsa or not.

Quick Reply