Jan 21, 2012, 06:41 AM
Posted with DragonLink
Thread OP
Discussion

Can I control Guardian stabilizer with DX6i?

I'm new to RC and FPV, and am doing my homework before buying anything. I don't have a big budget, so I need to make sure that what I want to end up with later down the road, will work with what I'm starting with.
Essentially, I'm doing lots of research, but will have to add components little by little- paycheck by paycheck... OSD, Guardian, data logger, GPS, etc...

I have access to wide open spaces with uninterrupted line of sight, so am counting on my AR6210 RX with DX6i providing adequate range for now.

So anyway... I would really appreciate help with 2 questions...

1. Can I control the Guardian through my DX6i TX?
2. If I expect to lose range on DX6i before AV TX (due to high power AV TX), how can I configure my FS in such a way that the RTH will save me in the event of loss of signal or DX6i failure/power, etc...?

I have searched high and low and cannot seem to find answers to these questions. Thanks!!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2012, 05:42 AM
Resistance is Futile
Quote:
Originally Posted by njwxyz
I'm new to RC and FPV, and am doing my homework before buying anything. I don't have a big budget, so I need to make sure that what I want to end up with later down the road, will work with what I'm starting with.
Essentially, I'm doing lots of research, but will have to add components little by little- paycheck by paycheck... OSD, Guardian, data logger, GPS, etc...

I have access to wide open spaces with uninterrupted line of sight, so am counting on my AR6210 RX with DX6i providing adequate range for now.

2. If I expect to lose range on DX6i before AV TX (due to high power AV TX), how can I configure my FS in such a way that the RTH will save me in the event of loss of signal or DX6i failure/power, etc...?

I have searched high and low and cannot seem to find answers to these questions. Thanks!!
Answer #1 yes, in theory. Answer #2 I am not familiar with the programing of the DX so I don't know how it handles failsafe but the ET system is pretty flexible so I would venture a hesitant, "yes".

The DX6i is a bad way to start FPV. That is why you can't find info because folks ditch the DX (any version) very quickly as it is useless for anything but putt putt park flyers. Get a different TX. Check the Video Piloting Forum. You will be glad you did.

Best of luck to you,

Rob
Last edited by camship; Jan 22, 2012 at 06:26 AM.
Jan 22, 2012, 07:00 AM
KJ4YYJ
Quote:

I used the DX6i for over a year worked great!!!
I used AUX 1 and 2 on Gear and Flap switch the plane is a Easy Star no ailerons.
Guardian I used the box stick (center stick)

I have a small place to fly in only out 2700 feet. Never had FS come on when I was flying.
But, test worked great..

How I have Dragon Link.
Hope that help
Jan 22, 2012, 09:23 AM
Posted with DragonLink
Thread OP
Thanks for not beating around the bush, Camship!
I guess the old adage holds true..."Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted."

Well I guess I saw that coming anyway, since the only available band in Norway (legal, and with a high enough power to be useful- many bands peak at max 50mW power allowed!!) is 4.5GHz (which has a few freqs allowed up to a whopping 2000mW power), so I guess I was going to have to do this anyway to avoid RC and AV competing for the same few available frequencies.
Oh well, guess I'll be sellin' my Spectrum after all (and whatever else of value I can find)...

Thanks again!
Jan 22, 2012, 04:30 PM
Resistance is Futile
Quote:
Thanks for not beating around the bush, Camship!
I guess the old adage holds true..."Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted."

Well I guess I saw that coming anyway, since the only available band in Norway (legal, and with a high enough power to be useful- many bands peak at max 50mW power allowed!!) is 4.5GHz (which has a few freqs allowed up to a whopping 2000mW power), so I guess I was going to have to do this anyway to avoid RC and AV competing for the same few available frequencies.
Oh well, guess I'll be sellin' my Spectrum after all (and whatever else of value I can find)...

Thanks again!
Wow, 4.5GHz. Check the FPV forum. I know there is a small community of Norwegian FPV'ers that can fill you in.

Go for it!

Rob
Jan 23, 2012, 02:14 AM
Posted with DragonLink
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by camship
Wow, 4.5GHz. Check the FPV forum. I know there is a small community of Norwegian FPV'ers that can fill you in.

Go for it!

Rob
Uhhhh...I mean 2.4GHz... not 4.5. Cerebral gas-passing... ;-) or paralysis by analysis... time to stop researching and buy something!
Cheers, Rob.
May 02, 2013, 04:41 PM

Eclipse 7 transmitter

Quote:

I also would like to know how to program the Guardian to a 3 way switch on my Eclipse 7 transmitter. I am at a loss!
May 03, 2014, 08:19 PM

Using the DX6i with Eagletree Guardian

Check out my youtube video

A simpler 3 positiion switch setup for Spektrum DX6i and the Eagletree Guardian (5 min 26 sec)
May 09, 2014, 07:13 PM
The video is a great idea! Works great, I just used gear for mode and flaps on off in mix
Jun 02, 2014, 12:17 PM
I got FPV fever
Quote:

With all respect to guys here, it might be worth visiting the following thread. Lots of helpful guys are there:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post28539470

Quick Reply