Schwing - James Hammond's New Glider - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 20, 2012, 02:14 PM
Discussion

Schwing - James Hammond's New Glider

Well it’s here.

The one you’ve all been waiting for. The Typhoon has just grown up and matured. It looks like James Hammond has been busy on his PC as this one looks a real beauty. It’s unmistakably one of his designs and yet again he has produced a nice fin shape which is something I’m always rather fussy about. Also new is a tailplane with elevator instead of the Typhoon’s all moving tail.

You’ll be pleased to know that the model has an all new section and unlike the Typhoon the Schwing now features a reduced thickness towards the tip instead of the constant 8% with the Typhoon. The thought behind this is to reduce the fishtailing that the Typhoon sometimes exhibited. Worried about a weedy joiner? Fear not as this 2.5m model has a joiner that is even bigger than on James’s 3m Strega. You can be pretty sure that if the worse ever happens that you won’t be needing a new joiner!

You’re going to have to wait a little while before you can have a Schwing but as you can see it is now at prototype stage and once the graphics have been produced production is just a few months away.

I understand that this model will be available through sloperacer.co.uk who will handle worldwide distribution. The price will be between 400 - 450 and the first ones should be around early Spring.

Get saving up guys as this looks like it will a great sport glider.
Last edited by skirmish; Jan 21, 2012 at 04:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2012, 02:16 PM
And just in case you thought it was still in the computer here is the prototype.
Jan 20, 2012, 02:17 PM
-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirmish
the first ones should be around early Spring.
Northern or southern hemisphere ?
Jan 20, 2012, 02:18 PM
-----
Wow, that's skinny ..
Jan 20, 2012, 02:31 PM
Slopeaholic
Congrats.

Looks better in the flesh than on computer.

Sweet!
Jan 20, 2012, 03:31 PM
Tobias (aka glider hangaround)
Ohh, seeexy!
Jan 20, 2012, 03:40 PM
F3B
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvanscho
Wow, that's skinny ..
Yey.
Jan 20, 2012, 03:58 PM
-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by satinet
Yey.
Lol ! Right up your street!

I just wonder how tight the install would be: that fuz looks thinner than your VX, and that isn't exactly fat...
Jan 20, 2012, 04:05 PM
F3B
Looks long though.
Models like the freestyler are thin but the install is easy.
Jan 20, 2012, 04:18 PM
Biting ankles since '53
Very sexy looking bird. Who will be making her? Same guys as the Willow?
Last edited by mr_editor; Jan 20, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
Jan 20, 2012, 04:34 PM
Stirring the pot
very nice!
Jan 20, 2012, 04:52 PM
Impatience is a virtue
Cool!

I've been critical of the dirty laundry that's been aired on the forum in the past and am very happy to see James moving on. Particularly with a model that looks as promising as this!

I've got a couple of James' designs already, and it looks like I may need another. Bring it on!

PS - lot's of carbon in the boom please
Jan 20, 2012, 05:17 PM
Flagstaff, AZ
Wow! She is a beauty... screams BIG AIR AEROBATICS. Sign me up!
Jan 20, 2012, 05:24 PM
Phil.T-tailer
* rubs eyes *
vaporware condensation?

Phil.
Jan 20, 2012, 06:20 PM
Just Toss It !!!
This is such a relief. Good on ya James.

Matin