Aug 08, 2012, 09:04 PM
Build, Fly, Maintain, Repeat..
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyav16
No. I think the second generation 18mz will have the can opener.
If the 18MZ had arms it would make you breakfast. Welcome to the club, you entered in on the big side. Lots of programming ahead of you.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2012, 09:10 PM
Sponsored by U.S Border Patrol
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirored
If the 18MZ had arms it would make you breakfast. Welcome to the club, you entered in on the big side. Lots of programming ahead of you.
Too bad is doesn't come with a coupon for more flying skills. Lol
Aug 08, 2012, 09:12 PM
Retreating Blade Stall
Wow, congrats Gary; an amazing piece of equipment
Aug 08, 2012, 09:15 PM
Once you taste flight...
Nice Gary nice, that is a beast for sure, and yes should be your last radio for a very long time.
Aug 08, 2012, 09:16 PM
Fly Low-Fly 3D-Fly Often
Quote:
Too bad is doesn't come with a coupon for more flying skills. Lol
I have read people saying that they really improved their flying when they switched to better (Futaba) radios. I am quite sure you will feel the difference the way you will fly with your 18MZ.
Aug 08, 2012, 09:28 PM
Once you taste flight...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamSyed
I have read people saying that they really improved their flying when they switched to better (Futaba) radios. I am quite sure you will feel the difference the way you will fly with your 18MZ.
At least after he figures out where all of is switches are, and what they do Oh to have that issue, well to be honest I just got to figuring out all of the switches on my TX without looking, just by feel, and what they all do.
Anyways it is set, meeting the person at the field to get my airframe Sunday. Figuring about another month or so and that one will be flying. Looking at starting off with an ASP 61, need 3 more standard servo's and open to suggestions on that, as of yet I do not need anything special or fancy, just something that works, and yes I have thought about using the ones out of the Avistar, fuel tank, and hosing, I have a few types of control rods here, and most of everything else I will need, then when and if I feel the plane and I are ready for it going with a gas motor, research has said a 15 cc with a big shallow prop would be good for pattern flying, but I do not know yet, at least I will have something that I will not be as frustrated with.
Aug 08, 2012, 09:35 PM
Fly Low-Fly 3D-Fly Often
James, most rather all of the switches, sliders and some knobs in high end radios are placed the same manner and you can actually alot any switch to any function and similarly any channel can be alloted to any function. Lots of options and features when you go upto high end radios.

Gary can have the exact same switches in his 18MZ he is used to in his 11X.
Aug 08, 2012, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydvejam
At least after he figures out where all of is switches are, and what they do Oh to have that issue, well to be honest I just got to figuring out all of the switches on my TX without looking, just by feel, and what they all do.
Anyways it is set, meeting the person at the field to get my airframe Sunday. Figuring about another month or so and that one will be flying. Looking at starting off with an ASP 61, need 3 more standard servo's and open to suggestions on that, as of yet I do not need anything special or fancy, just something that works, and yes I have thought about using the ones out of the Avistar, fuel tank, and hosing, I have a few types of control rods here, and most of everything else I will need, then when and if I feel the plane and I are ready for it going with a gas motor, research has said a 15 cc with a big shallow prop would be good for pattern flying, but I do not know yet, at least I will have something that I will not be as frustrated with.
You should put up a good list of stuff you need to complete. I know I have a lot of stuff that I've accumulated that could help.
Aug 08, 2012, 10:18 PM
Once you taste flight...
Quote:
You should put up a good list of stuff you need to complete. I know I have a lot of stuff that I've accumulated that could help.
Well I get it in my hands Sunday, of course money always slows things down lol, My list off the top of my head, 3 reg servo's, power plant, motor mount, fuel tank, clunk, hosing, and possibly a couple of horns. I have the RX, RX bat, it has 2 servo's with it, both futuba. I have to give it a through look over.
I figure if I do it all new it will be about 1-2 months, spent cash on a few things other than planes
Still have a few other things in line before I get her running, I was thinking of getting rid of the 2 meter glider to get it up, but it is my biggest, and highest wind park flier, heck I will fly her in winds that I might debate the Avistar in. I suppose if nothing else I could get the power plant and motor mount, and "borrow" servo's from the Avistar to get it up in the air.
Aug 08, 2012, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Well I get it in my hands Sunday, of course money always slows things down lol, My list off the top of my head, 3 reg servo's, power plant, motor mount, fuel tank, clunk, hosing, and possibly a couple of horns. I have the RX, RX bat, it has 2 servo's with it, both futuba. I have to give it a through look over.
I figure if I do it all new it will be about 1-2 months, spent cash on a few things other than planes
Still have a few other things in line before I get her running, I was thinking of getting rid of the 2 meter glider to get it up, but it is my biggest, and highest wind park flier, heck I will fly her in winds that I might debate the Avistar in. I suppose if nothing else I could get the power plant and motor mount, and "borrow" servo's from the Avistar to get it up in the air.
I have some futaba 3003 servos. Probably 4. Fuel tank. I'll check the size when I get home. Rx bat. Clunk, horns and hose. I'll gather it all up tomorrow. I'll get it to you someway because I won't be at the field this weekend.
Aug 08, 2012, 10:30 PM
Once you taste flight...
Oh and by the way guys, me and the wife decided since both of the girls are gone for 2 weeks, we would go ahead and work on quitting smoking starting tomorrow. We are going to have one last smoke in the AM, then drop it, so the next couple days around my house might suck, but Sunday it should be getting a bit better, and flying should help to focus as well. Would I rather smoke, or have more toys not that hard of a decision. Cigs are big $$, I would rather spend it on planes.
Aug 08, 2012, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Oh and by the way guys, me and the wife decided since both of the girls are gone for 2 weeks, we would go ahead and work on quitting smoking starting tomorrow. We are going to have one last smoke in the AM, then drop it, so the next couple days around my house might suck, but Sunday it should be getting a bit better, and flying should help to focus as well. Would I rather smoke, or have more toys not that hard of a decision. Cigs are big $$, I would rather spend it on planes.
Outstanding!

2 packs at $5.55 each times 365 days = $4051.

$4051 = awesome transmitter and a used carden 330 with a DA 150.

Oh yea, longer life.
Aug 08, 2012, 10:34 PM
Once you taste flight...
Quote:
I have some futaba 3003 servos. Probably 4. Fuel tank. I'll check the size when I get home. Rx bat. Clunk, horns and hose. I'll gather it all up tomorrow. I'll get it to you someway because I won't be at the field this weekend.
Cool thanks, it is a Ace Staudacher S300 68 in wingspan, meant for .60-.90 sized engine, missing the cowl, looks like a sub for the canopy, but hell like I said, I do not want a beauty queen, just something to advance on that is cheep... My queens will come after, I figure I will just do most of those at least until around 50cc from the ground up, heck who knows by that point I might build it too.
Aug 08, 2012, 10:42 PM
Fly Low-Fly 3D-Fly Often
I also have some stuff lying around which can be used so keep us posted what you need and we will have a plane flight ready for you in no time.

I have some batteries, servos, fuel tanks with clunks, hundreds of servo horns, screws and other stuff etc. So start putting things together and give us a shout.
Aug 08, 2012, 10:43 PM
Once you taste flight...
Well 1 a day at about 4.50, but still that, a much faster run time on my 2 mile run, helping my blood pressure ect ect. Gary you work on Fort Belovir right? I am off Sun- Wed, we could meet up and do some park flying as well over here. Might need to borrow one of those covering iron's from you as well, most likely will anyways, I have some monokote and ecokote and would like to patch up the Avistar some and add my own touch to the new bird.
Well good night all, 430 comes in a hurry!!

Quote:
Outstanding!

2 packs at $5.55 each times 365 days = $4051.

$4051 = awesome transmitter and a used carden 330 with a DA 150.

Oh yea, longer life.

Quick Reply