Jul 23, 2012, 08:23 AM
One more flight...
Oops, I meant e-mail.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2012, 12:00 PM
Retreating Blade Stall
Going back to the discussion last week about the new JR radios, top 3 in 3D masters (heli) using new XG8. For what it's worth:

JR Propo: JR DMSS XG8 swept the podium in 3D Masters!!
Guy Roglit | Jul 23, 2012 | Comments 0

JR DMSS dominated the world again !!! JR DMSS XG8 swept the podium in 3D Masters!!

At “3D Masters 2012″ held in Venlo , Netherland on 13 – 15/July 2012, the competitors with JR DMSS swept the podium perfectly.
Also, 7 competitors out of top 10 was using JR radios. 3D flight, which needs extreme responsivity, proved JR’s unmistakable superiority over!

Winner Kyle Dahl (USA) :XG8
2nd Eitan Goldstin (Israel) :XG8
3rd Bhumipatara U ditananda (Thai):XG8
6th Jamie Robertson (USA):XG8
7th Michael Wisbacher (German):XG8
8th Sebastiano Gabutti (Italy):XG11
9th Bas de Groot (Netherland):JR
Jul 23, 2012, 12:11 PM
RC Addict
Call me cynical, but did those pilots actually buy the radios, or did JR's marketing dept. do a really good job of seeding the top pilots with their newest product?
Jul 23, 2012, 12:23 PM
Once you taste flight...
Quote:
Originally Posted by anatoly
Call me cynical, but did those pilots actually buy the radios, or did JR's marketing dept. do a really good job of seeding the top pilots with their newest product?
I have to agree, it is the win on Sunday sell on Monday approach I think.
Jul 23, 2012, 12:25 PM
Retreating Blade Stall
Quote:
Originally Posted by anatoly
I don't know,more likely the latter. For sure, the pilot deserves just about all the credit.

At the least this just shows the new design JR radios work and are legitimate. Like PP pointed out last week, the dood who won XFC was using a Spektrum radio.
Jul 23, 2012, 12:50 PM
Sponsored by U.S Border Patrol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcturus97
I don't know,more likely the latter. For sure, the pilot deserves just about all the credit.

At the least this just shows the new design JR radios work and are legitimate. Like PP pointed out last week, the dood who won XFC was using a Spektrum radio.
Yep, Jr rules. However, I don't care if I'm using the new Jr, Foodaba 14 and 18 I still suck flying. LOL

I also agree with the latter of the comments. These guys are probably sponsored. If I was sponsored I'd fly whatever they give me. Andrew Jeskey which flies Foodaba now has won with both Foodaba and Jr. It's all in the fingers.

Keep thirsty my friends.
Jul 23, 2012, 12:55 PM
Reserved Parking
Jul 23, 2012, 01:15 PM
Once you taste flight...
So true it is dependent on who is moving the sticks. I know I could do at least a little better on my thermaling with something better than I have right now, but that is just because I have a DX6i, having knobs to adjust spoiler/flaperions while in flight would make life sooo much better. But I am leaning towards Futaba or JR, when the time comes to get the next radio I will invest even more and get what should be my last one for years. Futaba 8FG super or better will be my next investment and although I am planning for it to be my park flier radio, I know I will be flying my gliders on it too, and I love flying them at parks, no one realizes how big they are except for battery changes and take off.
I got the best laughs while at my school in GA and my class mates would stop by the field I would fly at. I would have it about 1500 foot or higher most of the time playing in the thermals and then goofing off, back up ect then I would bring it in to land. About 500 feet up they start going wow, then on landing they started asking questions and wanted to see it take off lol. To someone who does not know R/C a 2 meter wingspan glider is big, heck it was to me when I got it too, but now I want more...
Jul 23, 2012, 01:25 PM
Once you taste flight...
Oh and this is one big plane
Jul 23, 2012, 01:26 PM
Build, Fly, Maintain, Repeat..
I don't know, I am not that smart of a person, but when I see Mike flying the Sbach on a Futaba 14MZ, I would say he was a natural. Now, was it the radio or was it Mike? Will we ever really know? I guess if Mike goes out and buys a 14MZ, as well as the Sbach, then we can safely assume he liked the radio and it might contribute to his flying.

For me, it's all about reliability and how I feel about a radio system. Secondary is the human interface to the radio and what I can make it do for me. The 14MZ is a stepping stone to the innevitable 18MZ coming my way, which from all accountings, will make breakfast if it had arms. There are so many aspects to this hobby that no single interest drives a solution. If I want to test fly a plane, it doesn't have to be a 14MZ in order for me to do a good job of getting that done, it can be anyone's favorite radio. If I am asked to program it, that could be a totally different story, but I still bet I could get the plane to fly no matter which radio I am asked to use.

So, Mike, looking to get a 14MZ anytime soon?
Jul 23, 2012, 02:51 PM
Fly Low-Fly 3D-Fly Often
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirored
I don't know, I am not that smart of a person, but when I see Mike flying the Sbach on a Futaba 14MZ, I would say he was a natural. Now, was it the radio or was it Mike?
Or was it a nicely setup and fine tuned Sbach?
Jul 23, 2012, 03:15 PM
Build, Fly, Maintain, Repeat..
It could have been that, too, but I think it was the radio
Jul 23, 2012, 03:22 PM
Fly Low-Fly 3D-Fly Often
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirored
It could have been that, too, but I think it was the radio
You might be right... the first time I flew with your 14MZ, it was too sensitive for me so I was more careful. Last few times I flew great with it after getting used to the soft silky gimbal.
Jul 23, 2012, 04:04 PM
Sponsored by U.S Border Patrol
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamSyed
You might be right... the first time I flew with your 14MZ, it was too sensitive for me so I was more careful. Last few times I flew great with it after getting used to the soft silky gimbal.
I want the Jr 24mz coming out. lol
Jul 23, 2012, 04:10 PM
Fly Low-Fly 3D-Fly Often
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyav16
I want the Jr 24mz coming out. lol
Ditch the Horizon JR and get something which has "MZ" with it like the 18MZ. It should be easy for you since you just have to buy a few Futaba receivers

You are one of the best candidate to have an 18MZ.

Quick Reply