Apr 10, 2012, 12:13 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Okay, so going with a less than 85% of the fan surface area won't make a difference ?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 10, 2012, 01:54 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Thread OP
Well, 85% is usually the most used reduction number.
Apr 10, 2012, 11:26 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
okay fair enough.
Apr 10, 2012, 01:23 PM
Ther is quite a bit of info on inlet and outlet FSA %. Search on Claus (if memory serves me) or check scratch built edf forum.

Ksqm
Apr 10, 2012, 02:55 PM
Always Indecisive
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob
You will need more room to fly as it's fast, Please don't try to slow it down to much till you are used to how it flies, make sure you have the CG correct, use lots of EXPO on the ailerons for your first flight if you can. Remember there is no prop blast to save your ass so keep the air speed up. It's a fun plane to fly but you need to keep it flying like a jet.. Even when balanced right it will do the Sabre dance, and the flip flop so be ready for it..
okay thanks for the info. i'm not sure if this is enough space...is a football field sized area (maybe a little bigger than that) enough?
Apr 10, 2012, 03:13 PM
CV-15 VB-16
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68
okay thanks for the info. i'm not sure if this is enough space...is a football field sized area (maybe a little bigger than that) enough?
It'll travel the length of a football field; I'm assuming your talking American football- in approximately 4.5 seconds traveling @ around 45 MPH...if my calculations are correct.

g
Apr 10, 2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:

Should be no problem in that area.

Tony
Apr 10, 2012, 04:53 PM
RC 24/7
Hey Guys. Stupid question here on the 86. This is my first micro EDF, and was wondering if you guys are leaving the RX Ant under the battery as it comes out of the box, or are you moving it away from the battery?

Waiting to fly mine. Tower forgot the AnyLink with my order. I called them and they shipped it today. Can't wait.
Apr 10, 2012, 05:00 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Thread OP
It will be fine there.
Apr 10, 2012, 08:18 PM
Always Indecisive
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi
It'll travel the length of a football field; I'm assuming your talking American football- in approximately 4.5 seconds traveling @ around 45 MPH...if my calculations are correct.

g
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-spin
Should be no problem in that area.

Tony
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged
It will be fine there.
cool thanks guys.
Apr 10, 2012, 08:59 PM
Heli collector
Quote:
Here is where I fly in that parking lot, You can look at my videos to get a idea of how fast it gets from one end to the other.., you can also see two Soccer fields in the picture to get idea of the size. And the famous light pole..
Apr 11, 2012, 08:03 PM
Always Indecisive
Quote:
Here is where I fly in that parking lot, You can look at my videos to get a idea of how fast it gets from one end to the other.., you can also see two Soccer fields in the picture to get idea of the size. And the famous light pole..
oh okay cool....i usually fly in one of the two areas that are circled in the picture:

is it enough space?
Last edited by electricrc68; Apr 11, 2012 at 08:05 PM. Reason: added info
Apr 11, 2012, 08:14 PM
Heli collector
Quote:
oh okay cool....i usually fly in one of the two areas that are circled in the picture:

is it enough space?

Looks like you have plenty of air space...
Apr 11, 2012, 08:33 PM
Always Indecisive
Quote:
Looks like you have plenty of air space...
sweet thanks!
Apr 11, 2012, 11:47 PM
Addicted to building...
I fly here 90% of the time. Red is circled for my general flight area, and Blue is circled for my private runway. It used to be a white knuckle kind of thing, but now seems common place, except when an occasional Red Tailed Hawk tries to eat an airplav\ne.

Fred

Quick Reply