Thread Tools
Feb 25, 2012, 12:56 AM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi
I received notification from Tower Hobbies that the 30mm Hyperflow EDF unit is now in stock, if anyone's interested.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=IA&I=LXBWMA#

g
someone help me out here..
this is the unit we have in our GP F-86 planes right?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2012, 02:31 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
NitroCharged's Avatar
yes.
Feb 25, 2012, 09:00 AM
Registered User
fwa2500's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg
My idea of fun.
that looks awesome!

i have been planning a small change in paint scheme on my own f-86...




just need to get the decals printed, paint the nose and remove a couple of the factory decals
Feb 25, 2012, 09:10 AM
Need 4 Speed!
pdawg's Avatar
Fwa2500,
Nice work with your decals and your paint scheme selection! Feel free to check out the re-painting the G.P. F-86 thread for ideas. Looking forward to seeing your finished product! . Please feel free to post pics in the other thread too. "the Huff" would be another cool scheme that would only require a few decals be removed.
Latest blog entry: Illini Super Jets 2016
Feb 25, 2012, 09:13 AM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
this is cool, now that others are having there own personal GP F-86 !
Feb 25, 2012, 09:15 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
pugsam's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwa2500
.....i have been planning a small change in paint scheme on my own f-86.....
+36 24 36

Feb 25, 2012, 10:27 AM
CV-15 VB-16
giuseppi's Avatar
Go NAVY

Feb 26, 2012, 10:02 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
eltreato's Avatar
So I stuck my head in a nearby hobby shop on Friday to buy some heli parts. As I was paying I asked if any GP F-86s came through. I wasn't expecting much as their fixed wing selection is quite limited. Well the woman's eyes lit up and she told me to follow her. She was leading me towards the static models and I thought for sure I hadn't been specific enough. Well lo and behold there it was on the shelf. It went home with me :-). I thought it'd be a month at least before they got anything in if at all, but they had two come through on the first order. I cancelled my order with the online shop that had been stalling and telling me it'd be the end of March before they'd get one. Interestingly, when I cancelled they emailed me back saying "oh wait we just got three in." Too late you lose!

Does anyone with hours logged on this jet have any D/R expo recommendations?

Thanks!
Feb 26, 2012, 10:06 AM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato
So I stuck my head in a nearby hobby shop on Friday to buy some heli parts. As I was paying I asked if any GP F-86s came through. I wasn't expecting much as their fixed wing selection is quite limited. Well the woman's eyes lit up and she told me to follow her. She was leading me towards the static models and I thought for sure I hadn't been specific enough. Well lo and behold there it was on the shelf. It went home with me :-). I thought it'd be a month at least before they got anything in if at all, but they had two come through on the first order. I cancelled my order with the online shop that had been stalling and telling me it'd be the end of March before they'd get one. Interestingly, when I cancelled they emailed me back saying "oh wait we just got three in." Too late you lose!

Does anyone with hours logged on this jet have any D/R expo recommendations?

Thanks!
LOL, at 2 1/2-3min per flight thats a lot of flying!
Feb 26, 2012, 10:12 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
eltreato's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
LOL, at 2 1/2-3min per flight thats a lot of flying!
Haha yeah I thought about that right after I hit "submit". Comes from my 1:1 background. Does anyone with "time" logged have any recommendations?
Feb 26, 2012, 10:42 AM
Registered User
M3_matt's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato
So I stuck my head in a nearby hobby shop on Friday to buy some heli parts. As I was paying I asked if any GP F-86s came through. I wasn't expecting much as their fixed wing selection is quite limited. Well the woman's eyes lit up and she told me to follow her. She was leading me towards the static models and I thought for sure I hadn't been specific enough. Well lo and behold there it was on the shelf. It went home with me :-). I thought it'd be a month at least before they got anything in if at all, but they had two come through on the first order. I cancelled my order with the online shop that had been stalling and telling me it'd be the end of March before they'd get one. Interestingly, when I cancelled they emailed me back saying "oh wait we just got three in." Too late you lose!

Does anyone with hours logged on this jet have any D/R expo recommendations?

Thanks!
Great find!! I only have three flights on mine but for what it's worth, I am using 65%/20% expo on Air/Ele for low rates and 85%/30% for high rates on my DX6i.
Feb 26, 2012, 10:54 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
eltreato's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_matt
Great find!! I only have three flights on mine but for what it's worth, I am using 65%/20% expo on Air/Ele for low rates and 85%/30% for high rates on my DX6i.
Thanks Matt, those sound pretty good, I'll give them at try!
Feb 26, 2012, 11:02 AM
Registered User
M3_matt's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato
Thanks Matt, those sound pretty good, I'll give them at try!
No problem!! Good luck with your maiden!! Also I haven't tweaked my C.G. yet like many here have. I threw in a little piece of velcro to make sure my battery stays all the way fwd. Mine flys good at the rec C.G., but other guys have moved it a little fwd by adding a little weight up front or using a little bigger MAH battery.
Feb 26, 2012, 12:43 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
eltreato's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_matt
No problem!! Good luck with your maiden!! Also I haven't tweaked my C.G. yet like many here have. I threw in a little piece of velcro to make sure my battery stays all the way fwd. Mine flys good at the rec C.G., but other guys have moved it a little fwd by adding a little weight up front or using a little bigger MAH battery.
Thanks Man. I was kinda surprised there's no CG info in the manual. I was also surprised it didn't come with any valcro I'm going to be running 240mah Hyperions with a homemaded UMX to Deans adapter, I'm hoping that will be enough weight initially. That said I saw an earlier post saying the 240 wasn't enough. I'll post up results after the maiden in the coming days.
Last edited by eltreato; Feb 26, 2012 at 01:14 PM. Reason: homonym mix-up
Feb 26, 2012, 01:05 PM
RC Connectors dot com
glenn2626's Avatar

Battery adapters


As promised earlier in this thread, I now have an adapter for this plane that lets you use your existing Eflite Beast/Sbach/UMX Stryker/HyperTaxi 2S batteries. (like the EFLB1802S20)

In fact, I made two!

These are in addition to the adapter that lets you use batteries with JST connectors. All three are shown below.

I have a whole section of my site dedicated to the GP F-86 Sabre here:

http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...ndex&cPath=100

When more planes come out that use the "Electrifly BP200 15C" battery, these adapters will be useful on them, too.

Glenn
RC-Connectors.com
Latest blog entry: Lower shipping prices!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Sabre Jet F86 30mm EDF by Great Planes..TX-Ready (TX-R)..or RTF Version 15'' WS modfly Micro Ready-to-Fly 151 Dec 20, 2012 08:20 PM
Sold Eflite F-86 Sabre BNF EDF Jet NEVER FLOWN ready to fly!!!! thutt3430 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 1 Apr 17, 2011 10:34 PM