Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Feb 15, 2012, 06:09 PM
Registered User
I got mine from Hobbytown and it was $63 less than the Mig. I am hoping that now that HH has a little competition that it will bring their prices down.

As you can see from Pdawg's video the slow speed handling looks pretty darn good. Not sure the AS3X will make a HUGE difference. Don't get me wrong I am getting BOTH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
I saw one of these a Hobbytown today, and holly cow is it sweet looking!!
I was waiting for the Eflite Mig, but after looking this over and its like 30bucks less, I think it's the better deal... IMO
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2012, 06:23 PM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt
I got mine from Hobbytown and it was $63 less than the Mig. I am hoping that now that HH has a little competition that it will bring their prices down.

As you can see from Pdawg's video the slow speed handling looks pretty darn good. Not sure the AS3X will make a HUGE difference. Don't get me wrong I am getting BOTH.
Wow, how did you get it for 110bucks?
Feb 15, 2012, 08:56 PM
Registered User
That was the price, asked twice if it was correct.
Feb 15, 2012, 10:52 PM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt
That was the price, asked twice if it was correct.
wow, what a steal man!
Feb 16, 2012, 12:44 AM
Registered User
fwa2500's Avatar
While I have had the mig on order, I just couldn't resist this. I am really impressed with how smooth and well designed the ducting is. There is nothing sticking out to disrupt the flow and it is quite a little screamer. I can't wait to fly this thing! (I also can't wait to have it side by side with its russian counterpart )
Feb 16, 2012, 07:29 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwa2500
While I have had the mig on order, I just couldn't resist this. I am really impressed with how smooth and well designed the ducting is. There is nothing sticking out to disrupt the flow and it is quite a little screamer. I can't wait to fly this thing! (I also can't wait to have it side by side with its russian counterpart )
Mine is all ready for its maiden, I want to try both the stock and my higher C rated hyperion batteries to see the difference. It is definitely noticeable.
Feb 16, 2012, 07:30 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
wow, what a steal man!
I was shocked by the price!
Feb 16, 2012, 09:48 AM
Registered User
fwa2500's Avatar
just incase anyone wants a size reference, heres a quarter:



and ok, technically this is my second EDF, but my first never got built and has been sitting in its box for yeeeeeaaars. here it is with my Fan-Tastic Models MiG-15 fuselage (was meant to use a GWS EDF50)

Feb 16, 2012, 11:32 AM
More Planes Than Sense
wgarman's Avatar

Soon to be Owner


Just called the local Hobbytown and they are setting their only one aside for me to pick up tonight.

Can someone confirm that I will need to get an additional cable to use my DX8? The sales person said 'all' the cables were included with the AnyLink.

Thanks!
Feb 16, 2012, 11:37 AM
Hobbico Employee
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgarman
Just called the local Hobbytown and they are setting their only one aside for me to pick up tonight.

Can someone confirm that I will need to get an additional cable to use my DX8? The sales person said 'all' the cables were included with the AnyLink.

Thanks!

You will need the power adapter TACM0005. This is not available just yet unfortunately. Some are figuring out how to make their own adapters on this thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1573466&page=9
Feb 16, 2012, 12:15 PM
Registered User
dieter - Thanks for the heads up! I might try that out!
Feb 16, 2012, 02:13 PM
KSU Flyer's Avatar
I managed to pick one up today at a local hobby shop. They told me they ordered 2 but the other got back ordered. Sweet.
Feb 16, 2012, 02:26 PM
Need 4 Speed!
pdawg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSU Flyer
I managed to pick one up today at a local hobby shop.
Nice work! You might want to consider taping a dime to the stock 200 Lipo for the test flight just to get the CG a little farther forward. I had the dime on in my test flight video and the added stability helped fight a small but turbulent breeze. It probably would have flown well either way though! With the larger 340 lipo mentioned in the manual, the CG will probably be where its set now with the dime.

On a side note I also want to mention that the "Any Link" could not have been any easier to use! It was plugged in with my futaba transmitter and immediately established a connection with the F-86 receiver. The model took about 15 minutes to be flight worthy. In addition, every control surface moved the correct direction from the get-go. I have no idea if that was intentional but after seeing the detail put into this design, it wouldn't surprise me. The control surface deflections for the test flight were per the instructions and without any expo. Its a very straight forward model! It can fly at a very nice pace but also has the ability to slow down. The video taken of my test flight speaks for itself.
Latest blog entry: Illini Super Jets 2016
Feb 16, 2012, 02:29 PM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt
Mine is all ready for its maiden, I want to try both the stock and my higher C rated hyperion batteries to see the difference. It is definitely noticeable.
you will see and hear a difference!
more amps gives more rpms
Feb 16, 2012, 09:52 PM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar

Yeah Baby!


Sweet!
just picked this up a couple hours ago at Hobbytown for $106.99 with a free Tactic AnyLink system!!
In my opinion, this has kicked HH right in the nards because its $63 cheaper than the Mig they have coming out.. and has better components!
seperate 4ch micro receiver
(3) 1.7g digital micro servos
and a seperate 6amp esc
also the lipo comes with a real balance tab that can be charged on any charger (not some special HH only charger for the goofy plugs they have)
and a micro deans connector!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Sabre Jet F86 30mm EDF by Great Planes..TX-Ready (TX-R)..or RTF Version 15'' WS modfly Micro Ready-to-Fly 151 Dec 20, 2012 08:20 PM
Sold Eflite F-86 Sabre BNF EDF Jet NEVER FLOWN ready to fly!!!! thutt3430 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 1 Apr 17, 2011 10:34 PM