This thread is privately moderated by oldbilgewater, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:23 PM
Find More Posts by oldbilgewater
Discussion

Sterling 63' Chris Craft

I am the new kid (70) on the block.I built this same kit in 1961.I have not built anything since.There will be some elementary questions along the way to get up to speed.(HUMOR THE OLD GUY) I built that kit w / AMBROID glue. (1)Anyone have a problem w/that choice again? (2) Since this kit seems to be in some demand,does any one see the need to make tracings etc.of wood parts? I am going to make copies of all paper. Will listen to all who have a birthday between 1961 & 2000. THANKS FOR THE WELCOME and ANY ADVICE
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:50 PM
Find More Posts by Kmot
Grumpa Tom
What is the story about the police officer? Friend? Relative?

What is the story about your padded chair? Did you fall off your roof?

You are gettin' too old for that kind of stuff, ya know?
Old Sep 21, 2016, 02:41 PM
Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
15 minutes at a time? You will need a "stand-up" workbench to get the Blivet through her final stages of construction. I have a personal aquaintance with back and leg pain, and it is not at all fun.

Pete G.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 03:49 PM
Find More Posts by norgale
Retired for now
Why don't you go out and shovel another ton of rocks? That's good for your knees. NOT!
Old Sep 21, 2016, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot View Post
What is the story about the police officer? Friend? Relative?

What is the story about your padded chair? Did you fall off your roof?

You are gettin' too old for that kind of stuff, ya know?
TOM ,
#1 Stepson's father-in-law . "BLUE KNIGHTS" MC (law enforcement) ride , Deer , at highway speed . Had helmet on .
#2 Chair in use since fall on icy deck Dec 2014 .Fell on left knee ,nursed that back after several weeks . Then the real problem started, old right knee injury (1965 ?) loomed it's ugly head . Favoring the left stirred up the right. So, maybe since about Mar.2015 the chair became a real necessity .
#3 Too old is NORGALE .
#4 This was supposed to be on my blog page , How do I get it moved there ??????????
Old Sep 21, 2016, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Glor View Post
15 minutes at a time? You will need a "stand-up" workbench to get the Blivet through her final stages of construction. I have a personal aquaintance with back and leg pain, and it is not at all fun.

Pete G.
I am lucky ,no back pain and the only knee pain is sitting upright or bending it more than 96.5 degrees , or thereabout . I can walk or stand long periods . All in all I am lucky .
Old Sep 21, 2016, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgale View Post
Why don't you go out and shovel another ton of rocks? That's good for your knees. NOT!
Actually , that does not bother the knee.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 05:24 PM
Find More Posts by norgale
Retired for now
Found your blog but couldn't see how to post on it. Clicked on Kmot's message and that brought me back here.
Just for the record OBW is the same age as Norgale.Just sayin'.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 07:38 PM
Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbilgewater View Post
I am lucky ,no back pain and the only knee pain is sitting upright or bending it more than 96.5 degrees , or thereabout . I can walk or stand long periods . All in all I am lucky .
Glad to hear that. My back and leg issues started in my feet, then moved up my legs. Thought it was related to shoes, inserts, etc., until an MRI of the back, (which is now a textbook illustration for "spinal stenosis," meaning, when there is a very tiny, or no hole for nerves exiting the spine.

PT and weight loss have helped, as does a morning "cocktail" of (prescribed) pain meds. Have actually been improved enough this year to get in some gardening, and garage organization to make enough room for start of a new project (that I bought more than 10 years ago.)

So glad to see how great the Blivet is looking these days, and your avoidance of the "rush" to "just get it done!" She is reall ydoing Chris Craft justice.