Jan 12, 2012, 02:10 PM
Help!

rc boats

I want to get my husband an rc boat (I think I want the hydro style) the one that looks like a drag boat, but have no clue where to start. Checked internet and all I basically found was the "exceed" 49" boats...have a26cc gas?? Can anyone tell me if these are worth a flip, and if not, what brand or website can I visit to get other ideas..price range I am looking for is $500-$1000. Also, would you suggest I get just a frame (and where), or a ARTR. My husband is very knowledgable about boat racing engines, but I don't know where to start. I don't want to get a $500.00 starter, then find out I could have gotten something twice as nice for $800.00?? Any ideas would be appreciated!!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2012, 02:39 PM
For that kind of $ , Take a look at warehouse hobbies. You can get a new rtr gas boat for less than that. They are a very reputable builder and you cant go wrong with there set ups. Sport or serious speed ,you can depend on there knowledge
Jan 12, 2012, 03:00 PM
Thanks, I'll check them out...I am overwhelmed with the possibilities..I may have to break down and just ask my husband LOL He drove a drag boat back in his younger days, and now sponsers a pro mod drag boat, so I know he will want the rc boat to race....
Jan 12, 2012, 04:17 PM
How high will it go?
Nobody really makes an rc drag boat. Check out rcdragboats.com. most of them are custom built.
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Jan 12, 2012, 07:25 PM
Sign up on Jims www.jrcbd.com and hit the sale section for a good used boat, you will be better off buying used than trying to find a quality gas hydro new for that price range
Jan 12, 2012, 10:37 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Avoid the Exceed boats like the plague and spend your money on something better.
I've got one called the Drag Cat which is basically a catamaran but has the drag racing looks. It's kind of for sale but I hate crating and shipping.