$80 Radar Gun - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 12, 2012, 03:46 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Discussion

$80 Radar Gun

In a couple of Hobby King videos - Don mentions and uses a radar gun ... ie Parkjet high speed mod video is one ...

I've looked on HK site and cannot find the RG ... which he himself mentions is $80. Judging by that parkjet videop - it also works .... unlike the RG I found via another site and RCmodelreviews looked at - that is very poor and needs model flown at it VERY close to work .. too close in fact.

Anyone any idea where this elusive HK radar gun is ?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2012, 09:46 PM
Have you looked into this one?

http://www.bushnell.com/products/oth...ed-gun/101901/

I've used it for sporting events, but never for RC stuff.
Jan 13, 2012, 04:39 AM
Really?!?
The Busnell works OK. I have had one for five years or so. You have to get the plane flying directly at it, which can be somewhat intimidating.

The biggest thing is that when I bought it, I ran around shooting everything, then the "neatness" wore off and now it just takes space in a drawer doing nothing.

Good club investment, but not personal IMHO.

Chris
Feb 23, 2012, 12:29 AM
I've got the Bushnell RG and found if you place it up to your face and sight down it like you would a gun, it works very good and doesn't require the plane flying directly at it. I am able to stand at the pilots station and clock planes flying directly down runway center line and even on the far side of runway
Feb 25, 2012, 07:39 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Have you considered the RcSpeedo app for $3.00? It matched my eagletree how fast within 1mph several times.